I really think Kongo is going to whup Buentello

This is a terrible stylistic match-up for Buentello, far worse than the Struve fight. I really like Paul, he's got good crisp boxing, power and speed, and bags of experience to keep calm and escape difficult positions. Not only that but he's one of the best interviews to listen to, he's smart and humble, and extremely honest about himself.

But Kongo has the considerable edge in all areas that matter in this fight. Buentello might have faster hands but that's not Kongo's game anyway. He has the length to dominate the distance with his jab which I think Buentello will find difficult to get past, as well as face-melting power which I have to doubt Paul can take much of, there aren't many who can who aren't named Cain Velasquez. This is even more the case when he doesn't need to fear the takedown (ie tonight).

Conversely, Kongo is extremely durable. Mir knocked him down with the perfect shot, but he was alert and on the defence immediately. It's a shame he gave up the guillotine but that won't be an issue tonight.

Not only that but despite what everyone thinks, his wrestling is good enough to take down most of the heavyweight division, albeit it not very prettily, and I'm quite sure he'll be unleashing the scariest GNP in the division tonight. Remember how he busted up Al Turk in one of the most terrifying beatdowns in recent history? I think we have that in store for us tonight.

Tough fight for Buentello and I don't see an area where he can win it. That said he's obviously been trying new things this camp and you can never rule him out of any fight he's in.

I hope they keep him around afterwards, he's awesome.

Much better to see you post like this than the knee-jerk troll crap (like the Nate-Mike thread).

I think this is good fight for both guys and an even better fight for the fans.

You wouldn't be saying that b/c he trains @ wolfslair would you? At least you don't show any bias. /sarcasm

sure hes probably bias because of wolfs lair but atleast this thread isnt as delusional as his other showings.

this is a very difficult fight for Buentello. ill be rooting for him though.

me too

kongo wooped that last kickboxer good

blue63 - 
Zedlepln - 

Much better to see you post like this than the knee-jerk troll crap (like the Nate-Mike thread).

I think this is good fight for both guys and an even better fight for the fans.

This thread is coming from the same idiot who claimed Kongo is the future HW Champ...  LOL. 
So, he's a homer. Yeah, I get that. It's good that the UK fans have guys they can root for....

But, loyalty and trolling don't have to go together. EB is a lot better when it's the former and not the latter.

Pretty objective assessment this time.

until I saw this thread, I thought congo would beat buentello

now, not so much, thanks op

Look at Pauls face in the staredown, thats a 1000 mile stare! He WILL break Kongo's will and then jaw in the same round.

reverend rhee - until I saw this thread, I thought congo would beat buentello

now, not so much, thanks op
You should pay attention to what I say, I've picked very few fights wrongly.

kongo is an erect european boxer. he will be ko'd

You're a boring troll but you are 100% correct about this fight

LOL@ Kongo having any kind of a jab!

Nice assessment by OP. I agree that on paper Kongo is the favorite, but I think Buentello has some intangibles that might be critical in the outcome of the fight....thousand yard stare! This is a huge opportunity for Paul, I hope he finds a way to win.

lilmanster - kongo is an erect european boxer. he will be ko'd

BEEP!

Bootsy Collins - 
lilmanster - kongo is an erect european boxer. he will be ko'd

BEEP!

Frank Mir broke that down for me.

kongos only in the ufc because he's big and ripped and dana loves muscles

unfortunately for him he has no idea what to do with them

dhughes - Add a hip-hop video to your post and it could be a CRE. Hmmm.

Except I was right...

good call dude

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - TTT for EB. Probably the most accurate fight predictor on mma.tv.

Thanks mate, I did get it spot on, didn't I. Credit to you for also calling it perfectly too.

VTFU.

Also I hope Buentello gets another fight, someone like Hardonk if he's still under contract too.