I want B.J. in my corner

I've been in a competition setting with advice being yelled at me. Sometimes something that seems obvious to someone sitting on the sidelines isn't obvious to someone that is tied up trying to land punches or pass the guard. "It was SO obvious...B.J. wasn't saying anything important" is bullshit. Shit like "be first!" can help snap you out of survival mode and back into thinking.

It's more complicated than a lot of you armchair warriors realize. B.J. doing what he did helped Joe a lot and fucked with Cole's head.

"bj was pretty spot on with everything...starting with telling joe to let go of the leglock and get on top... "

This was definitely key advice, and I was glad to see Joe heed it the second time he locked up the leg.

BJ got a little carried away with the "watch out for the triangle!" thing, though.  I mean, I think he was yelling it when Joe was on Cole's back at one point. :)

BJ warned Joe of every attempt. That shit is invaluable when you're tired. BJ is a great cornerman hate him or not.

"Ummm...yeah it does. Both coaches have mics on the entire time in every fight. You can hear everything both of them say each fight."

Uh...the show isn't live. It still goes through editing. Sound effects are added, visual effects are added (or do you really think each guy turns to face the board at the same time the same way every week?). Easily the coaches comments are edited as well.

Also remeber the majority of the fight happened in BJ's corner. It is easier for BJ to see things and communicate with Joe then for Jens to do the same.

the only reason i was quiet for the most part is because thats the way cole likes it, he was worried about that the frist fight too, he didnt want coaches yelling the whole damn round in the corner. he was worried about that and being i was a new coach for him, i just stayed calm and let him do his thing because he asked.

"the only reason i was quiet for the most part is because thats the way cole likes it, he was worried about that the frist fight too, he didnt want coaches yelling the whole damn round in the corner. he was worried about that and being i was a new coach for him, i just stayed calm and let him do his thing because he asked."

Definitive end of thread.

"according to Jens blog, the coaches were suppose to be in nuetral corners and not coach."

You're misunderstanding what Jens was saying. He was saying he couldn't coach Cole when he was taking his five minute break. During the five minutes he was forced to a neutral corner, and couldn't coach.

Edit - aw shit, I didn't see this other page, nor see that someone already answered you. Oh well.

Thanks for posting Jens!

The worst thing for me is when your setting something up and your instructor shouts "now the armbar's there" or something.

Its like, shit man I know that, you know that but now he fucking knows that too!

This thread is the perfect example of this forums stupidity. Not to long ago Jens was a great cornerman, BJ sucked. This forum collective basically switches there stances on the coach's after each loss/victory.

"The worst thing for me is when your setting something up and your instructor shouts "now the armbar's there" or something.

Its like, shit man I know that, you know that but now he fucking knows that too!
"

So true. So many times you're going for a move and your coach yells something like, "keep his head down!!" and then the guy figures out he should have his head up.

I usually just tell my coaches to not say anything other than how much time is left and what the score is.

Nice to see you on here Jens. It's been alot of of fun watching you on TUF 5. I started training with BJ when he was starting out, so needless to say I'm a big BJ fan. I'm also a Jens Pulver fan.