I Was a Guest on BudoVideo's This Week in BJJ

What's up guys. I was recently a guest on This Week in BJJ. I thought I would post the Vid. If you have any questions on the two techniques, I thought I would be here to answer them.

Vid 1 (interview):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FuoE1cevWxk

Vid 2 (technique)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EyirS2raUww

Don't be too harsh in your comments. Its my first interview ever and it was live so I was nervous as fuck.

JacT

Later Phone Post

Oh and congrats Phone Post

Thanks jack, i thought you did a good job.

Did you get to show the back posture break? If not can you explain what you were going to show or put a video up?

In the video when BudoJake initially tries to stand with both hands in your armpit and he cant. Then you restart and you allow him to make a stronger frame and is able to stand.

I had two questions:
What strategy do you like to do to stop the guy making a strong enough frame that he can stand(two hands in the armpit type frame).
When your opponent can make a strong enough frame that he can stand and does stand what do you like to do? Your plan B so to speak.

Hi MrBen,
Jake was only able to stand when I let him. 90 percent of the time people flat out cannot stand. Some guys who substantially out weigh me are able to stand but I have a back up plan for them. I use the old school two feet on the hips and lift, or the one where I grab their ankles and push them backwards.

The first time I demonstrated it on jake, he made about 4 or 5 separate attempts to stand up. He made a comment, "thats a lot of pressure." Some people are VERY insistent on standing. With them you have to battle their hands while KEEPING CONSTANT PRESSURE on their backs and deal with it that way. But the first thing to learn is the foot preasure. Phone Post

Very nice work man! I like those techniques! Phone Post 3.0

JacT - 

Hi MrBen,
Jake was only able to stand when I let him. 90 percent of the time people flat out cannot stand. Some guys who substantially out weigh me are able to stand but I have a back up plan for them. I use the old school two feet on the hips and lift, or the one where I grab their ankles and push them backwards.

The first time I demonstrated it on jake, he made about 4 or 5 separate attempts to stand up. He made a comment, "thats a lot of pressure." Some people are VERY insistent on standing. With them you have to battle their hands while KEEPING CONSTANT PRESSURE on their backs and deal with it that way. But the first thing to learn is the foot preasure. Phone Post

Thanks for the answer.

MrBen - 
JacT - 

Hi MrBen,

Thanks for the answer.

I am not sure if wanted more info... or was that adequate for you?

JacT - 
MrBen - 
JacT - 

Hi MrBen,

Thanks for the answer.

I am not sure if wanted more info... or was that adequate for you?

Your answer was helpful. I need to drill the move and get the feeling/pressure correct now.

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - 

Oh and congrats Phone Post

TNX

jrv - Very nice work man! I like those techniques! Phone Post 3.0

Thank you.