If a fighter doesn't accept overweight opponent?

What happens if a fighter doesn't accept an overweight opponent?

Would they get their show win money?

Would there be any repercussions from the UFC or would they just be pissed at the overweight fighter? Phone Post 3.0

Probably still get their show money. And have the UFC pissed off at them for not accepting a catch weight, especially if it's a high profile fight. Phone Post 3.0

They will be accused of fat-shaming and banned from Tumblr.

If they make weight they get their show money.

Refusing to accept a catch weight would probably not get them the win money though Phone Post 3.0

If I was Alex Chambers, it might would I have been something I considered.

I hope DC makes weight because I could definitely see Jon Jones refusing to take the fight and destroying the card.

Imagine looking at Dana and saying no?

Not going to happen.

Needlemover - What happens if a fighter doesn't accept an overweight opponent?

Would they get their show win money?

Would there be any repercussions from the UFC or would they just be pissed at the overweight fighter? Phone Post 3.0
You make weight you get your show money.

No pressure homie, you don't think it's fair and don't want to let the fight go on?

No negative repercussions at all, it's no problem. wink wink Phone Post 3.0

TFK_SickEye -

I hope DC makes weight because I could definitely see Jon Jones refusing to take the fight and destroying the card.

Lol. Phone Post

commonsense517 - 

If I was Alex Chambers, it might would I have been something I considered.

yeah but you gotta keep ufc on their good side. at least right now she has a possibility of having another fight. if she refused and went on to lose her next fight she could be one and done

So if a fighter doesn't make weight and loses he gets nothing good. Dana white is a genius Diaz is fighting for free today I bet he is pissed. Phone Post 3.0

cg51mma - So if a fighter doesn't make weight and loses he gets nothing good. Dana white is a genius Diaz is fighting for free today I bet he is pissed. Phone Post 3.0
Wait, I'm not sure I follow you unless this is a joke I'm missing. Phone Post 3.0

R00STER -
cg51mma - So if a fighter doesn't make weight and loses he gets nothing good. Dana white is a genius Diaz is fighting for free today I bet he is pissed. Phone Post 3.0
Wait, I'm not sure I follow you unless this is a joke I'm missing. Phone Post 3.0
It's a joke. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife -
cg51mma - 
R00STER -

oh man what a riot. i bet it sounded funnier in your head

You have been real bitter since the vitor fight. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife -
cg51mma - 
R00STER -

Hey don't feel bad cg, I've been there plenty of times. You make what you thought was a pithy comment and wait on the LOLs to roll in but nothing ever happens. It's even more demoralizing when you actually START the thread for the purpose of making said joke. lol Phone Post 3.0

I would imagine if you don't take the catch weight fight you would be on Dana's shit list and would probably mean no bonus or sponsor money opportunities. So maybe not a wise move to say no.

cg51mma - 
hendofanforlife -
cg51mma - 
R00STER -

You have been real bitter since the vitor fight. Phone Post 3.0

You mean this one?

Oh snap ^^ Phone Post 3.0

Dr Gonzo - They will be accused of fat-shaming and banned from Tumblr.
Haha Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife -

lol, why would it bother me that he lost? he was man enough to get in that cage. you see, unlike the subject of this thread, dan has never missed weight  or been unprofessional in his entire career. when he felt disrespected, he waited until his contract was up and then moved to another org for higher pay. what he didnt do was miss weight on purpose after quitting for a year while in the middle of a contract. those are bitch moves. 

in fact, when that strikeforce contract was up, he cut a new deal for way less pay, because hes worth less now than he was. i can admit that. neither me nor hendo have the delusions of granduer that diaz bros and their huggers have. 

Dude I'm a huge hendo fan also just shit tlkn. Phone Post 3.0