If Alex Pereira were to win UFC LHW Gold, where would he rank all time in all of Combat Sports?

As of right now, AP is the one and only kick boxer to ever hold two titles in Glory at the same time, at MW & LHW. That already put him in elite category in kickboxing

Now he’s the UFC MW champ. Title defense or not If he were to win LHW gold next, that would then put him in elite company within the sport of MMA

Holding four different championship belts across two different sports is pretty damn impressive. If he pulls it off that has to make him a legend no?

2 Likes

You know he wants to avenge his coach

1 Like

According to the public or according to the UFC?

If he wins the LHW strap, the soulless WME owned UFC will shove him down our throats, but the public will still support fighters like strapless O’Malley/Paddy just as much if not more.

It’s hard to gauge the intrigue of a fighter amongst hardcores because we all know who Pereira is, we all will watch him fight and we all acknowledge his skills and abilities.

What matters more is how he appeals to the masses (read: retard casuals) moreso than what we all think.

2 Likes

He’d still be under Cejudo level

3 Likes

If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle

He is definitely elite. He may have holes in his MMA game but he has made it work. If he wins LHW, he is super elite but a tier below Henry Cejudo.

He would rank as very lucky.

1 Like

Dude is awesome but not very high. He’s still just a striker and in combat sports wrestling/grappling is the most important.

I think he’s one of the best strikers in UFC history but the rest of his game is going to get exposed and the only reason it hasn’t is because he hasn’t faced a wrestler or anyone who has really pushed the pace with grappling in general. We saw it in his loss and shades of it against Bruno Silva who didn’t give Alex much time to set up and gave him hell.

If he somehow won the HW title as well and defended it a few times you would definitely have some people pleading his case but I still wouldn’t give him close to those accolades until he fought beat some real wrestlers.

He can become arguably the combat sports striking GOAT with Anderson but that’s it.

2 Likes

I have no idea but he needs to accomplish a lot more in MMA. He needs title defenses and at least minor longevity.

he doesnt wrestle. hes not winning any fights if the other fighter wants to wrestle. Izzy is an idiot if he does the same game plan the next fight

Izzy’s offensive wrestling is trash. He’s going to have to try to knock Alex out. Unlikely he can survive five rounds with him.

2 Likes

:brazil::brazil::brazil:

And the most terrifying

1 Like

Pereira could beat guys like Hill and Jiri and lose to guys like Krylov and Cutelaba. I would absolutely bet Krylov over AP.

1 Like

5 Likes

It would still look like he’s been spoon fed the right opponents at the right time.

2 Likes

He was spoon fed the #1 contender (Strickland), the champion, and the only guy to ever beat the champion?

1 Like

Guys that we’re gonna stand and bang or were past their prime? Yes.

The combined submission wins in UFC of all Alex’s opponents is 2 and the last one happened in 2018.

This is an absolute retard take, for several reasons. It’s a striking heavy division right now for one, Du Plessis is the only top 5 guy the with a sub win in the UFC and that’s only because Till quit. The only ranked middleweights at all who wouldn’t just “stand and bang” would have been Brunson or Allen and you can’t possibly be suggesting that’s who they protected him from. Or did you want to watch Vettori sniff his cock for 20 minutes like he did to Izzy?

The simple fact is that he’s knocked out everyone they’ve put in front of him except for Jan, the guy who wrestlefucked Izzy. You’re just a h8r.

1 Like

Put him against Ankalaev, real LHW Champ. The problem is the MW and LHW divisions are fairly weak compared to what they were