If Anderson Silva Smashes Up Forrest ...

... at UFC 101, will "the powers that be" try to pressure Anderson Silva into moving up to 205 permanently?

anderson does what he wants.

LOL @ the UFC forcing him to do anything... if they want more DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE entries.

hasnt anderson already stated that he has no desire to go after the belt at 205 if Machida has it, cause the two of them are good friends, or something to that nature

If???

Reason I said if, was I believe the interview was done prior to the Evans fight.

CNDMMAFan - Reason I said if, was I believe the interview was done prior to the Evans fight.

I was referencing the title.

if he wins this fight i dont see why he won't have a reason to fight GSP.

No. He won't fight Machida so what's the point.

blackhundred - If???

hell yeah.

Anderson Silva is only the best p4p in UFC land.

In reality he is an excellent fighter but one with huge gaping holes in his game.

Forrest will likely mount and GnP Silva or sub him.

Ryo freaking Chonan defeated Anderson, and he's a b level gate keeper. This is Forrest Griffin we are talking about here - not a 2 dimensional 205er like Irvin.

If Anderson beats Forest and once GSP takes out Alves, look at them two meeting up for a super fight

Mark Logann - 
blackhundred - If???

hell yeah.

Anderson Silva is only the best p4p in UFC land.

In reality he is an excellent fighter but one with huge gaping holes in his game.

Forrest will likely mount and GnP Silva or sub him.

Ryo freaking Chonan defeated Anderson, and he's a b level gate keeper. This is Forrest Griffin we are talking about here - not a 2 dimensional 205er like Irvin.

Uhg still bringing up chonan? Pride era anderson and ufc era anderson is like night and day. Forrest has a great shot, but good luck mounting anderson silva. Thales couldnt pass his guard, he subbed luter, marquadt couldnt do crap, and lately hes been training with galvao and jacare. Forrest is much bigger, but his skills arent at a level that is going to let him walk all over anderson on the ground.

D0N Johnson - anderson does what he wants.

LOL @ the UFC forcing him to do anything... if they want more DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE entries.

Then why doesn't he go box RJJ?  Idiot!

lol, at Bisping posing any threat to Anderson Silva, come on now, lets get serious. He has he beat that is a credible middleweight, I mean his last fight was a decision win over Leben, come on now, lets see him step in there against Maia, or Marquardt or someone in the top five and see how he does before saying he is even close to being able to topple Anderson

Scarola#1Fan - 
D0N Johnson - anderson does what he wants.

Then why doesn't he go box RJJ?  Idiot!

have you seen his last 2 performances? okay. my point is made.

Bobby Lupo -  I have a bad feeling about this one for Anderson. Forrest rises to the occasion. He could get clipped and KTFO, but he has a lot of ways to win this. It's a HW vs MW fight IMO.

Forrest is not knocking Anderson out.

Anderson walks around at 215 lbs.

If Bisping beats Hendo, which is a gigantic if, he'll get the next shot. In that time, the UFC is going to try and build either Wanderlei or Vitor as the next challenger.

Heartbroken Lee...seriously dude your getting boring now...but i'm sure you'll be making ridiculous comments on here even after Bisping is sent home.

I still have to pull for my fellow Irish blooded Georgia boy. Go Forrest!!

Jetster - Heartbroken Lee...seriously dude your getting boring now...but i'm sure you'll be making ridiculous comments on here even after Bisping is sent home.

This X 100

Forrest is a tough out for anyone. He tends to get clipped and buzzed early and then rally back, i.e., "wake up," which is a bad thing against Anderson.

However, if Forrest can force a clinch and get a takedown, I could see him using his ground game and size edge to even the score for a bit. He's very good at the top pressure game. However, Anderson always seems so calm and finds his way out of bad situations (Lutter, for example) and just explodes with a move that is a game-changer.

Like that sweet switch he hit vs. Marquardt.

It'll be a great fight.

I'd love to see Forrest do well.