If Diaz Wins At UFC118 Who Is Next?

Nate diaz vs hazelett would be great (but hazelett is moving down), Diaz vs diego sanchez (if he beats paulo thiago) would also be exciting, if the ufc brought back karo that would produce an exciting rivalry match-up

clattymine - 
Dr Mcsexy - 
BJJkilla - 
superCalo - Getting past Marcus Davis will be the sternest test of his young career, Marcus is the most skilled striker hes ever faced and is vastly more experienced and has highly underrated ground game, he has more submission victories than Diaz, and more sub of the night awards.
If he can get past the dangerous Marcus Davis, in fact whoever wins should face the winner of Shields-Kampman to decide the next challenger to the wW title.

they both have 8 submission wins (the manny win counted as a submission). davis off his back is no threat to diaz and if daivs decides to take nate down; he's getting submitted.

Davis = 34% of his fights end with him winning via sub.

Diaz = 47% of his fights end with him winning via sub.

That stat is grossly misleading, to suggest that their grappling is even that close is absurd.  I still think Davis takes this fight, but that stat is worthless.

Oh I know they are very misleading, that was just to back up what BJJKilla was saying to in response to superCalo saying they had the same number of submission wins, which is well just kind of a stupid thing to say.

I think if Nate works on his wrestling that would do him wonders. You saw during the Maynard fight when he was trying to attempt a takedown against Maynard it looked well kind of ugly. Although Maynard would most likely make anyone look ugly when they tried to take him down.

unenforceable - Diego Sanchez

if they both win. yes

Dr Mcsexy - 

Oh I know they are very misleading, that was just to back up what BJJKilla was saying to in response to superCalo saying they had the same number of submission wins, which is well just kind of a stupid thing to say.

I think if Nate works on his wrestling that would do him wonders. You saw during the Maynard fight when he was trying to attempt a takedown against Maynard it looked well kind of ugly. Although Maynard would most likely make anyone look ugly when they tried to take him down.

Gotcha.  I though you were trolling for the "their submission finishes are close, so on the ground they're pretty equal" angle.

Herring In A Fur Coat - Hughes vs Diaz would be very fun.

I agreed and while from far away it doesn't look like a big time matchup for Hughes they could always play Matt Hughes facing another Graice guy.

superCalo - 
Dr Mcsexy - 
BJJkilla - 
superCalo - Getting past Marcus Davis will be the sternest test of his young career, Marcus is the most skilled striker hes ever faced and is vastly more experienced and has highly underrated ground game, he has more submission victories than Diaz, and more sub of the night awards.
If he can get past the dangerous Marcus Davis, in fact whoever wins should face the winner of Shields-Kampman to decide the next challenger to the wW title.

they both have 8 submission wins (the manny win counted as a submission). davis off his back is no threat to diaz and if daivs decides to take nate down; he's getting submitted.

That figure is misleading because Diaz loses a greater percentage of his fights than Marcus Davis, if you take that factor out of the equation I believe you will find that Davis has a higher submission percentage winning record.

Nate Diaz has submitted two BJJ black belts. Marcus Davis hasn't.

superCalo - 
Dr Mcsexy - 
superCalo - 
Dr Mcsexy - 
BJJkilla - 

That figure is misleading because Diaz loses a greater percentage of his fights than Marcus Davis, if you take that factor out of the equation I believe you will find that Davis has a higher submission percentage winning record.

Nate Diaz has submitted two BJJ black belts. Marcus Davis hasn't.

From the start I have said Diaz has superior BJJ credentials, I am not disputing that in fact i stated that. However I was showing how underrated Marcus Davis's ground game is, you continue to underate it, Nate Diaz is a smart fighter he for one will definitly not be underrating Marcus Davis's BJJ he knows he is one of Jorge Gurgels top students and its for this reason much of the fight will be fought on the feet.

I never said that Davis wasn't a good grappler. He is he is a damn solid grappler. It is overshadowed at times since everyone talks about his striking and how he was a professional boxer at one point. In saying that I don't think their grappling skills are even close. I just had a problem with how you presented Davis's skills by saying he has more submission wins.