If Duffee..

Just curious, can someone be an Overeem fan without being a nuthugger?

Duffee is good but I don't think he makes it out of the first. I think Overeem is top 5 regardless but I will put him at 4 if Duffee makes it out of round 1.

^ Exactly. But the Reem's fans (on here) over the last 6 months would put him as #1 and the more logical ones would put him as #2 behind Cain so I'm just throwin a spanner in the works.

I like the Reem don't get me wrong and I would LOVE for him to be the most dominant HW of all time because he's a beast no doubt. But man, when you run across the ring with your back turned and get KTFO of the ring for being a massive fucking girl, brother needs to step the fuck up and show he's fo real against legit competition.

I have respect for the Duff man for takin this fight though and nearly as much for Reem for takin a hard fight that doesn't mean much to his legacy. 

I cant believe you little girls still go on about this.

Yes Overeem's priority has not been MMA recent;ly, the fights he took were mostly favours to promotes, he has been more active in K-1 than any top MMA HW has been in MMA.

Obviously his recent MMA victories do not warrant a top ranking but I would think it is pretty clear to see given his current skillset that he would cause massive problems for any top ranked HW in MMA.

Most of the current top ranked MMA HWs are fairly unproven themselves holding only 1 or maybe 2 actual good wins, Carwin for example has Gonzaga and Mir as his best 2 wins, does anyone believe that Overeem wouldnt roll hrough everyone Carwin fought up until Lesnar?

SpartaKick jsut because you dont watch K-1 doesnt mean he ahsnt proven he is legit against real competition.  The Sergei fight was 3 years ago look how Sergei fared in K-1 compared to Overeem.

Yes I know K-1 isnt MMA but that isnt the point you are actng lik he has never fought anyone capable of putting a hurting on him since Sergei which definitely isnt the case, no MMA HW could hang in K-1 like Overeem has.

Don't talk about K1 my friend. The dude had the easy run through the finals. Spong rocked him good and you could see him curl up.

AND I DON'T CARE THE FIGHT WAS 3 YEARS AGO. IF YOU RUN ACROSS THE RING WITH YOUR BACK FUCKING TURNED YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY. I DONT CARE HOW FUCKING GOOD YOU ARE. YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY AND ALWAYS WILL BE. THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO TURN YOUR BACK ON AN OPPONENT UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE.

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON AN OPPONENT IN A BATTLE 2000 YEARS AGO?

YOU FUCKING DIE.    

I think Overeem is already not top 3, but if he doesn't demolish Dufee like the way he did to Rogers,
I won't be Impressed by his performense.

^^See what I did there?

If a top 3 HW can't put out a top 20 HW.

Then yes that would say something about hiw "top 3" status.

I for one don't think Reem is anywhere near a top 3 ranking,

he has never beaten a top 10 HW.

Until Overeem faces legitimate competition (top 10) in MMA,

he will always be a myth, a discussion for fan boys on forums, etc...

No disrespect to Todd Duffee at all (even if he refused to say hi to me at the MGM).

But nothing on his resume gives anyone the ability to argue him has a solid fight for any top 5 hw.

If Fedor were taking this fight guys would be saying its a joke.

But Overeem does it, and Duffee is legit?

Not as much as the Reem.

Imagine being that good and running away with your back turned and getting KTFO of the ring..

Atleast Lesnar turned back towards Cain and took it like a man.

Overeem isn't a top 3 HW at all. He is top 10, I have him at 8. If Duffee wins, I would have Overeem drop out of top 10 and Duffee enters the top 10. Truthfully though the top 10 is a toss up after you have named the top 6 (Cain, Werdum, Fedor, Carwin, JDS and Brock) Phone Post

Is it a 10 minute or 5 min 1st round?

I dont care what number you put on him if you even put one on him, he definitely smashes msot of the top ranked MMA HWs if not all of them on a good day.

this will end by an uberknee in under 30 seconds

^ Your basically agreeing with me. I say at best he is 8, you say 10. Not too far off are we? Big Nog would have tooled any version of Reem a few years ago but the wars he has been in have taken their toll on him. As for Mir, I honestly do not think he would last 1 round with Overeem and Schaub (like reem) has not faced top HW competition and I would personally favor Overeem due to his superior stand up against a guy who was Ko'd by Nelson. Phone Post

fightsfan - Is it a 10 minute or 5 min 1st round?

DREAM fights are 10 minute first round, 5 min second round.

The exception with DREAM is the events where they fight in their "White Cage" -- at those events they use the 3 x 5 minute rounds.

I am curious now though, since this fight is now a title fight, will they ad a 3rd 5 minute round?  I doubt they will need it, but curious to see how they officially set it up.

nobones - 
SpartaKick -  ^ Exactly. But the Reem's fans (on here) over the last 6 months would put him as #1 and the more logical ones would put him as #2 behind Cain so I'm just throwin a spanner in the works.

I like the Reem don't get me wrong and I would LOVE for him to be the most dominant HW of all time because he's a beast no doubt. But man, when you run across the ring with your back turned and get KTFO of the ring for being a massive fucking girl, brother needs to step the fuck up and show he's fo real against legit competition.

I have respect for the Duff man for takin this fight though and nearly as much for Reem for takin a hard fight that doesn't mean much to his legacy. 

Overeem would be hard to even be considered top 10.  As for running with your back turned are you referring to Brock?  Because Brock has proven himself against legit competition since the first day he stepped inside the UFC cage.  Like most wrestlers, he struggles when he can't keep his opponent on the ground.  He started late in the game but this is the same problem that most wrestlers take years and years to get over and some never really do.  Brock has only been training in MMA full-time for 3 years and 4 months and 6 of those months he didn't train at all he did nothing at all as he was recovering from diverticulitis.

Overeem needs to step up and fight real competition.  FEG is struggling to stay afloat, K-1 and DREAM may not even be here by this time next year and Strikeforce can't give Overeem the kind of money he wants to be committed only to them.  He needs to stop playing games and come to the UFC.  Overeem doesn't have much of an MMA legacy.  He needs to fight high risk low reward fighters like Duffee if he wants to live outside of the UFC.  Duffee is in a win/win situation unless he gets crushed in the first round.  As long as he puts on a good fight and makes Overeem sweat and look human, his stock will rise and Overeem's will fall because Duffee is considered an unranked UFC reject (hate to say it but it's true).  I would laugh my ass of if Duffee beats Overeem.  It will absolutely kill the entire Strikeforce HW division.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said, although I was referring to Alistair about the running across the ring with your back turned - RE: His fight with Kharitonov (His last MMA Loss). I'm not fighter bashing but it was a really poor showing and exposed who lurks beneath the muscles. For his sake though, I'm hoping it was that error in his game that turned him into the fighter he is now. I guess we'll find out where he stands very soon. 

Morgz - 
fightsfan - Is it a 10 minute or 5 min 1st round?

DREAM fights are 10 minute first round, 5 min second round.

The exception with DREAM is the events where they fight in their "White Cage" -- at those events they use the 3 x 5 minute rounds.

I am curious now though, since this fight is now a title fight, will they ad a 3rd 5 minute round?  I doubt they will need it, but curious to see how they officially set it up.

According to official reports it will be 3 x 5 min rounds.

No.

It's hard to even give this fight much credence because of the lack of training camps for both guys.

kokid951 - I don't care what you say I think everyone is underestimating Duffee Phone Post

I agree. Overeem is the clear favorite but Duffee is a big dude with a serious punchers chance against anyone.