If Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen...

was the original main event of the UFC 151, would you have been excited to see it? Phone Post

no, especially not at the top of that already weak card. Would have read about Chael getting finished afterwards.

No but it would be fun to see two controversial fighters beating the hell out of each other.

I feel the same way, but why are so many people dogging JBJ for refusing to fight someone who nobody really want to see and has no business or threat to the LHW title? Phone Post

flip_guard - I feel the same way, but why are so many people dogging JBJ for refusing to fight someone who nobody really want to see and has no business or threat to the LHW title? Phone Post

Because they already hate him for some reason and will find any reason to bad mouth him.

"His toenails aren't properly groomed! Strip him of the title!"

Soon it will come to the above Phone Post

rMar89 -
flip_guard - I feel the same way, but why are so many people dogging JBJ for refusing to fight someone who nobody really want to see and has no business or threat to the LHW title? Phone Post

Because they already hate him for some reason and will find any reason to bad mouth him.

Really? His "toenails"? You honestly think that's why people hate on him? He's transparently fake to intelligent people. He badmouthed his old teammate Rashad and they wound up fighting (not to mention Jones revealing their private conversations), spewed all this 'holier than thou' stuff only to repeatedly mess up. On top of that, he selfishly chose to not fight this weekend, knowing that a dozen fighters would lose out on a paycheck. And I won't even touch upon the fact that he's so corny. The way he moves and talks is 'douche chilling'. Phone Post

flip_guard - 

I feel the same way, but why are so many people dogging JBJ for refusing to fight someone who nobody really want to see and has no business or threat to the LHW title? Phone Post

Lets see:

1 - he was finishing up a camp and ready to fight.
2 - he is the champ.
3 - Chael just lost at MW.
4 - Chael would have next to no time to prepare.
5 - Jones was preparing for a guy with very similar fight game. Except Hendo had KO power in both hands and Sonnen doesnt.

Jones had no good reason to turn that fight down. Except maybe fear of Sonnen (for some reason)... thats about all I cant think of.

Kostakio -
rMar89 -

Really? His "toenails"? You honestly think that's why people hate on him? He's transparently fake to intelligent people. He badmouthed his old teammate Rashad and they wound up fighting (not to mention Jones revealing their private conversations), spewed all this 'holier than thou' stuff only to repeatedly mess up. On top of that, he selfishly chose to not fight this weekend, knowing that a dozen fighters would lose out on a paycheck. And I won't even touch upon the fact that he's so corny. The way he moves and talks is 'douche chilling'. Phone Post

You hate him for arbitrary reasons was my point. He is a fighter and his personal life shouldn't matter at all, are you ever going to be his friend? No. Will he ever be a part of your family? No. So who cares what he does?

He is a great fighter plain and simple Phone Post

RPBJJ - 
flip_guard - 

Lets see:

1 - he was finishing up a camp and ready to fight.
2 - he is the champ.
3 - Chael just lost at MW.
4 - Chael would have next to no time to prepare.
5 - Jones was preparing for a guy with very similar fight game. Except Hendo had KO power in both hands and Sonnen doesnt.

Jones had no good reason to turn that fight down. Except maybe fear of Sonnen (for some reason)... thats about all I cant think of.

There is no way Bones is afraid of Chael.Chael would get destroyed cut up from elbows.I am glad Bones turned down the fight because the card was terrible and now 152 is a better card.

rMar89 -

Lmao! I think you nailed it. Phone Post

SonofJockstrap -
rMar89 - 
Kostakio -
rMar89 -

You hate him for arbitrary reasons was my point. He is a fighter and his personal life shouldn't matter at all, are you ever going to be his friend? No. Will he ever be a part of your family? No. So who cares what he does?

He is a great fighter plain and simple Phone Post

People hate Roethlisberger because he's been accused of rape twice.

People hate Mike Vick for having a dog fighting ring.

People hate John Rocker for being a racist.

It happens in sports, people's personality and personal lives eventually shine through and it affects people's perception of them, no matter how good they are.

So you are comparing Jon jones to a rapist, A dog killer, and a racist? Phone Post

^ Yes. lol Phone Post

Well, according to Chael's prediction, that is the fight we're going to see. I just want to see Jones get hit at this point, for fucks sake. Phone Post

Ryan Black - Well, according to Chael's prediction, that is the fight we're going to see. I just want to see Jones get hit at this point, for fucks sake.

well Chael ain't the guy to do it.

I think Chael started his shit talking too early. Jones already had a "Fuck you, you don't deserve a shot" attitude about Chael before Dan even pulled out. Yeah, it backfired, but so far, Chael doesn't have his title fight.

Ryan Black - Well, according to Chael's prediction, that is the fight we're going to see. I just want to see Jones get hit at this point, for fucks sake. Phone Post

That's the main reason I wanted to see machida fight him again Phone Post

No I wouldn't have been excited, it's a BS POS fight, and I am disgusted that DFW/Zuffa feel that this would have been an acceptable enough bout to save the UFC 151 event.

- Sonnen has no business getting a title shot at 205lb.

- Due to the short notice Sonnen would not be in fighting shape, thus the bout would have sucked even harder. Sonnen looked great against Silva in the first bout, he was juiced to the gills, and he jumped the shark with that bout. Never before, and never again after will Chael look that impressive. His performance against Bisping sucked, his performance in the Silva rematch was miserable, and his performance on 8 days notice to fight for the 205lb title would have been pathetic.

- If this bout went ahead, and UFC151 was saved, Chael would get props for stepping up, but the bout would have sucked and there would have been a ton of bitching afterwards about what a miserable excuse for a bout it was after Jones finished him in the first round, Basically all the bitching and moaning from the last few days would have been delayed until after the event, and the flavour would have been a little different, but there still would have been as much bitching IMHO.

great post!!! Agree absolutely... Phone Post