If Mach Sakurai Becomes The Champ

...If Mach wins the DREAM WW Tourney, Would you want the Long awaited Rematch Against Jake Shields On Strikeforce

WAR MACH!!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6577/hayatosakuraie.jpg

Ganbatte Mach!!! War!

It would be one of the best comebacks in MMA history, only second to Randy Couture.

I am truly pumped to see MACH back in top form, hopefully he pulls out the championship and then lays a beating on JAke Shields.

No offense to Jake Shields, he is a bad mofo.

I'd like to see him fight Gono, and the matchup had never occured to me before

Mad Xyientist -  It would be one of the best comebacks in MMA history, only second to Randy Couture.

Mad Xyientist -  It would be one of the best comebacks in MMA history, only second to Randy Couture.

agreed

I wouldnt go that far at all.

Mach is/was one of my fav fighters but Randy beat the best in his div to come back. Who would Mach have to face to win this? If he beat GSP, Alves, Kos, that'd be another story.

Im also putting a little less weight with this Pride GP come back. Yes, it was still a comeback but he was much bigger than both Jens and Hansen and Hansen fought the distance vs Yves that night where Mach made quicker work of Jens. Since then, aside from Aoki, though Aoki is a LW, he hasnt had a significant win against any top guy. His loss to Baron was absolutely embarassing. He looked like Shooto Mach against Aoki but does that do anything for him as a WW?

dunchurrn - I'd like to see him fight Gono, and the matchup had never occured to me before

That would be a fun matchup.

I don't think the 170 division outside the UFC, and especially in Dream, is good enough for it to be an incredible Cinderella story, although it would be great to see.

In any case, it's Diaz I want to see him fight.

orcus -  I don't think the 170 division outside the UFC, and especially in Dream, is good enough for it to be an incredible Cinderella story, although it would be great to see.

People used to say the same about the UFC LW division when they didn't sign any of the consensus top 10 after recreating the division.

Anyway I agree about the Diaz fight.  It was all set to happen on NYE but fucking TBS nixed it and made the Shibata fight instead for ratings.

Can you really say anyone aside from Shields and Diaz is significant at WW other than whos already in the UFC WW div?

Anyhow, yeah, Diaz vs Mach would be a great WW matchup outside the UFC. If Mach wins, it would set up a rematch with Shields even more. Mach's legkicks would be a test for Diaz since he always has such reach on his opponents and would on Mach as well. I dont think either guy will have too much of an advantage on the ground vs each other.

Wasa-B - Can you really say anyone aside from Shields and Diaz is significant at WW other than whos already in the UFC WW div?

Galvao is Looking Great and Nick Thompson is making a comeback

EckY - 
orcus -  I don't think the 170 division outside the UFC, and especially in Dream, is good enough for it to be an incredible Cinderella story, although it would be great to see.

People used to say the same about the UFC LW division when they didn't sign any of the consensus top 10 after recreating the division.

Anyway I agree about the Diaz fight.  It was all set to happen on NYE but fucking TBS nixed it and made the Shibata fight instead for ratings.

Exactly.  I'm sick of this "rankings are everything" nonsense.  Any person who knows fighting knows that beating Aoki, Jason High, and Andre Galvao to win a Grand Prix would be a tremendous accomplishment.

I don't know where those guys are "ranked" at 170, but I will tell you, I think Galvao could beat many of the fighters who are entrenched in the top 10. 

Whatever happens, he's still exciting and I love watching him spark Aoki out BBBBAAAADDDDDD!

Wasa-B - 

I wouldnt go that far at all.

Mach is/was one of my fav fighters but Randy beat the best in his div to come back. Who would Mach have to face to win this? If he beat GSP, Alves, Kos, that'd be another story.

Not to take anything from Randy, but he was 2-1 in his latest comeback, with wins over Sylvia coming off back surgery and a much less experienced Gabe Gonzaga; combined, they are 3-4 since losing to Randy. Those were both big wins, but its not like he cleared out the HW division, or even beat anyone in the top 3. I think beating Aoki combined with one more big win will put Mach's comeback in the same general level as Randy's.

Randy did kinda luck out vs Tim and Gonzaga, I know, i said back then. However, him beating Tito and Chuck back then is unmatched in terms of comebacks.
However Aoki is a LW and Galvao is not ranked top 10 for a reason, he's not proven in MMA yet. And lets not pretend like rankings mean nothing now. Sakurai beating GSP, Fitch, Kos, Alves, etc would mean a hell of a lot more than any WW in Dream and we all know that. Those guys are top 5 for a reason.

I love Mach but he isnt even close to a Couture comeback imo.

Randy did kinda luck out vs Tim and Gonzaga, I know, i said back then. However, him beating Tito and Chuck back then is unmatched in terms of comebacks.
However Aoki is a LW and Galvao is not ranked top 10 for a reason, he's not proven in MMA yet. And lets not pretend like rankings mean nothing now. Sakurai beating GSP, Fitch, Kos, Alves, etc would mean a hell of a lot more than any WW in Dream and we all know that. Those guys are top 5 for a reason.

I love Mach but he isnt even close to a Couture comeback imo.

It'd be nice to see Mach win a well deserved championship. Without knees to the head of a grounded opponent, I'm not sure how well he'd fare against Shields. I'd love to see him leg kick the hell out of Jake whilst stopping takedown attempts however.

i'd love to seee him win the championship again. i don't know how he'd do against shields though.