If Machida Loses to Romero...

Kostakio - 
Tehuna4president - That would officially mean the end of the "machida era" Phone Post 3.0
The Machida era is long gone, man. :( Phone Post 3.0

I don't think there actually ever was one, IMO.

Rogan uttered these famous words after he won the title. But immediately after this, he "beat" Shogun even though everyone thought he lost and then was KO'd by him in the rematch.

He's gone 7-6 since "The Machida Era" was uttered. But watch out because some people get really when you point this fact out.

Thingading - 
Kostakio - 
Tehuna4president - That would officially mean the end of the "machida era" Phone Post 3.0

Rogan uttered these famous words after he won the title. But immediately after this, he "beat" Shogun even though everyone thought he lost and then was KO'd by him in the rematch.

He's gone 7-6 since "The Machida Era" was uttered. But watch out because some people get really when you point this fact out.

While I agree that Shogun won their first fight, if you're going to bring that up you may as well admit that Machida beat both Rampage and Phil Davis.

Wriggling Grunion - 
Thingading - 
Kostakio - 

While I agree that Shogun won their first fight, if you're going to bring that up you may as well admit that Machida beat both Rampage and Phil Davis.

I don't think the Rampage and Davis fights were as convincing as the Shogun fight. And he was given a split decision over Henderson, as well, despite both he and Dan landing one takedown each and Henderson outstriking Machida 55-28.

Nicktheissue265 -
DCPushedRumblesJohnsonInKindly -
Huey freman - Wish he was at welterweight tbh. Phone Post 3.0
Machida use to fight at HW! Not happening unless he chops off one of his dragon ballz. Phone Post 3.0
He was only 212 and was doughy as hell. He could maybe make 170 (I'm not advocating just saying original commenter could be making a realistic request) Phone Post 3.0
If Rumble made ww once or twice, Machida can. Phone Post 3.0

Based on the amount of posters predicting Machida's doom on this board and others I frequent, I am shocked to see him listed at a -170 favorite. What does Vegas know that we don't?

KnockoutThoughts - Losing to Romero is not a career killer. Romero isn't some scrub, the guy is one of the top talents in the division. That said, Machida should pull this out with Romero being as chinny as he's shown to be at times. If Machida loses, then he has to reinvent himself and work on it. I don't want to see him cut or retire. This is a slump. Fighters go through slumps. It's part of the game. If he never bounces back then that's a different story. Machida is one of those guys who's earned his place in the UFC. I don't think guys like that should be cut. When things get too bad, then they give him the Chuck treatment and retire him. Phone Post 3.0
Chinny? I've seen that guy eat BOMBS to the mouthpiece like tic tacs. Wouldn't exactly call him chinny Phone Post 3.0

Thingading - 
Wriggling Grunion - 
Thingading - 
Kostakio - 

I don't think the Rampage and Davis fights were as convincing as the Shogun fight. And he was given a split decision over Henderson, as well, despite both he and Dan landing one takedown each and Henderson outstriking Machida 55-28.

35 of Hendersons strikes were pitter patter shots to Machida's thigh when Machida slipped and Henderson got on top in the 3rd round. The last 2 mins of 3rd round Henderson didn't land a strike as Machida started to open up and started landing on Henderson. Henderson landed 6 total head strikes. That fight wasn't all that exciting but Machida won that fight. I don't even remember many people complaining about that decision but it's been a while.

comeonman1 - 
Thingading - 
Wriggling Grunion - 
Thingading - 
Kostakio - 

35 of Hendersons strikes were pitter patter shots to Machida's thigh when Machida slipped and Henderson got on top in the 3rd round. The last 2 mins of 3rd round Henderson didn't land a strike as Machida started to open up and started landing on Henderson. Henderson landed 6 total head strikes. That fight wasn't all that exciting but Machida won that fight. I don't even remember many people complaining about that decision but it's been a while.

That doesn't change the fact each scored 1 TD, the final total strikes landed were 55-28 in favor of Henderson, and it was a split decision.

Regardless, my point is Machida has had 4 close decisions during his 7-6 streak. He was given the win in 2 and a loss in 2, so I think it has evened out.

Baek Doo San - Unfortunately. Retirement I think

This. I'm the biggest Machida fan around here. No need to tarnish the legacy and become a gate keeper. If he does retire I will has a sad cause I've never seen him fight in person.

On the events part this app is showing only 4 fights next week ? Does anyone know the actual fights happening on this card ? Phone Post 3.0

Definitely would start to call it quits if he finds he has lost a step against. Why take any more damage after a fantastic career. Phone Post 3.0

I hope he doesn't get fed to kimbo

Maybe one last LHW title run? Phone Post 3.0