If Mir broke Nog's arm on FOX, bad for mma?

I have to say that was a sick finish. Literally. Seriously vicious. Are mainstream viewers ready for that? What about FOX execs? What do you think, dfw?

OP- I made a thread about this last night, not sure what hapenned with it because I got a little tipsy and passed out.  Anyway, I was wondering the same thing...

My 2¢:

This sport is violent. Everything is thrown to hurt. Submissions are used to hurt or render your opponent unconcious. The dangers are real.

If the UFC has this happen on FOX it could be bad. If they use it as chance to explain how rare these occurences are and the steps used to limit further damage it could be help. Phone Post

The "bad for mma" arguments need to be given a rest, imo.

I think we are beyond it. IMO

Yeah just because a lot people can't stand that type of break. If my mom watched it she would probably stop watching. Ha she called me after her and my dad ordered silva vs sonnen going crazy so she already likes some fighters. Phone Post

Who are we attempting to protect here? The game isn't going to change for FOX.

That's what people who are watching fights want to see. I don't get these discussions. Is this NEW audience that much different than the fans who watch now? Which demographic is all of a sudden going to become fans now?

Are average moms gonna start watching just because it's on FOX? Doubt it.

Why do regular fans watch NASCAR? To see crashes right? Why do regular fans watch fights? To see a crazy a finish.

If anything, it will teach the regular folks a new respect for MMA. If you can't handle cuts, blood, KO's and/or dislocations, you'll probably never really be a fan. Phone Post

mmavixen -  OP- I made a thread about this last night, not sure what hapenned with it because I got a little tipsy and passed out.  Anyway, I was wondering the same thing...

Sorry man I didn't see it.

It would shut up the "UFC is fake" crowd.

TS - stop being a woman. this is fighting. tap or snap.