If Penn had been with the Marinovich's from the...

Start of his career, how different could it have panned out?

I remember Marv (i think) say that had BJ been with them from the start he'd have been undefeated.

Do you agree with that?

The best BJ I saw was the one who had abs.

Surprised about how low the chiefs are ranked. Well before they were good the chiefs owned almost all of Missouri... even when the RNA's were good and still in st Louis 

Didn't he train with him for his Sanchez and Florian fights? Then yes, I agree. Phone Post 3.0

Their relationship has sounded tumultuous from the get-go so knowing BJ, probably not. He'd have left them eventually to do his own thing, that's just who he is.

Besides, in a lot of fights that BJ lost 'because of his cardio' the real reason he was losing was because he was either getting outmuscled or outstruck (especially in his late-career fights).

Love Penn as much as the next guy, but cardio was not the definitive reason for most of his losses.

didn't BJ said if he would have won the LW belt in his first try he would have retired and only think of mma as a memory of what he did when he's a old (lawyer/businessman?)

crackmcsmokey - no. all this bj Penn myth stuff is crazy.

he was motivated and in shape for the 2nd Edgar fight and lost still.
Joined 5/13/14 zero posts Phone Post 3.0

crackmcsmokey - no. all this bj Penn myth stuff is crazy.

No, he wasn't.

Did he want to win his title back? Of course. Did he believe he could win his title back, and perform better than he did in their first fight minus Marv Marinovich's very specific type of strength and conditioning that had worked so well for BJ previously? Of course, he's BJ Penn, and we all know by now that when BJ has his mind set, that's a wrap, even when he's completely wrong.

One of the better BJ quotes from that time, when asked if he was well trained for the rematch was, "I'm well rested".

Joe Rogan has said on his podcast that BJ told him that he didn't like being so sore after workouts to the point that he couldn't pick his baby up when he got home, which is understandable for most, but when you have to fight a guy like Frankie Edgar for five rounds, or perhaps worse, fight guys that are 20-30 pounds heavier than you, like Rory, Fitch, and Nick Diaz!? That's not the best case scenario for anybody, even someone as physically gifted as BJ.

Silverball - 

No, he wasn't.

Did he want to win his title back? Of course. Did he believe he could win his title back, and perform better than he did in their first fight minus Marv Marinovich's very specific type of strength and conditioning that had worked so well for BJ previously? Of course, he's BJ Penn, and we all know by now that when BJ has his mind set, that's a wrap, even when he's completely wrong.

One of the better BJ quotes from that time, when asked if he was well trained for the rematch was, "I'm well rested".

Joe Rogan has said on his podcast that BJ told him that he didn't like being so sore after workouts to the point that he couldn't pick his baby up when he got home, which is understandable for most, but when you have to fight a guy like Frankie Edgar for five rounds, or perhaps worse, fight guys that are 20-30 pounds heavier than you, like Rory, Fitch, and Nick Diaz!? That's not the best case scenario for anybody, even someone as physically gifted as BJ.

I read the same.

Something along the likes of that he couldn't attend other sessions that day due to being so sore/writ off from a session with the Bros.

KO1 -
Silverball - 

No, he wasn't.

I read the same.

Something along the likes of that he couldn't attend other sessions that day due to being so sore/writ off from a session with the Bros.
Was needing the trt Phone Post 3.0