If Shields does win...

Yeah well, If Jake Shields fought Leben. He might blanket his way to a decision. That's a far cry from Anderson Silva knocking Leben into a coma with like 400 unanswered perfectly timed shots right to the chin without Leben even laying a glove on him all within like 9 seconds. BIG difference.

I don't particularly like Shields but he would submit Leben fairly easily I would imagine. Plus Anderson only needed one dominant win as you say then why would Shields need 4 or 5? Really I think it would depend on the contender situation at the time Shields entered the ufc. Anderson got his fight quickly because of the lack of quality opponents for Rich at the time.

EM, Angry wasn't comparing Anderson to Shields as fighters; he's comparing their similar situations of coming from another organization to The UFC.

Anderson Silva wasn't a highly recognized fighter in MMA, until he came to The UFC. Almost identical to what you are saying about Jake Shields. Sure, Jake isn't "crazy-known" in the MMA World - but you can't say Anderson was much far off on his known status (prior to fighting Leben).

The fact is Jake Shields fights for the only Promotion giving The UFC actual competition at this point. People are starting to recognize Strikeforce as a legit company (regardless if they fall through the cracks in the near future or not). If Jake crosses over from Strikeforce to The UFC (and manages to beat Hendo) you really think he doesn't deserve a Title Shot?!

The fact is The UFC is looking to sell seats, draw crowds and put up bigger PPV #'s with every new show. They would hype Jake Shields up to the max if he beats Hendo; Champion vs. Champion -- and all that hooplah. And even if he doesn't beat Hendo -- I guess I could see a #1 Contender's Match between Shields vs. the Winner of Alves/Fitch.

EBM - EM, Angry wasn't comparing Anderson to Shields as fighters; he's comparing their similar situations of coming from another organization to The UFC.

Anderson Silva wasn't a highly recognized fighter in MMA, until he came to The UFC. Almost identical to what you are saying about Jake Shields. Sure, Jake isn't "crazy-known" in the MMA World - but you can't say Anderson was much far off on his known status (prior to fighting Leben).

The fact is Jake Shields fights for the only Promotion giving The UFC actual competition at this point. People are starting to recognize Strikeforce as a legit company (regardless if they fall through the cracks in the near future or not). If Jake crosses over from Strikeforce to The UFC (and manages to beat Hendo) you really think he doesn't deserve a Title Shot?!

The fact is The UFC is looking to sell seats, draw crowds and put up bigger PPV #'s with every new show. They would hype Jake Shields up to the max if he beats Hendo; Champion vs. Champion -- and all that hooplah. And even if he doesn't beat Hendo -- I guess I could see a #1 Contender's Match between Shields vs. the Winner of Alves/Fitch.
^Thank you EBM, exactly my point.

"If" he beat Hendo (which isn't gonna happen). Then I could see Shields land on the main card against someone in the top ten in the UFC. "If" he managed to beat them (which he probably wouldn't), then I could see him getting a fight with a top 3 or 4 guy, and "if" he won that...Then maybe there would be talk about a title shot. This of course depends on his ability to finish both opponents dominantly with shock and awe. And Hendo as well. (Which wouldn't happen).

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Shields title shot.

They just gave Hardy a title shot, GSPs next potential three title fights are all gonna be against people he's beaten already... Shields had better get a one and done at the most before they match him up with GSP

ya he'd deserve it, but i think there would be guys with a good claim that would get the shot first: kos/daley comes to mind. I'd like to see shields beat hendo and come over.

I'm curious of your thought process, could you use examples with fighters?

1. "If" he beats Hendo, who is this Top-10 Fighter you speak of?

2. "If" he beats this Top 10 fighter, who is this Top 3 or 4 fighter you have in mind?

Of course we're using hypotheticals at this point because you can't 100% say that Shields doesn't have a chance against Hendo. I'm being realistic, do I think Jake will win? Likely not. But does he still have a chance? Absolutely. You make it sound like a loss against Hendo would set him back as a Top 15-20 in The UFC? Lets keep in mind he's not even fighting at his "true" weight-class against arguably one of the best MW's in the world...

Even if he loses to Henderson, he could win 1 fight in the UFC over someone like Koscheck or Fitch and be ready for a title shot. A loss to a top 3 MW is not going to hurt him that much.

blue63 -Mark my words.  He'll walk right into the UFC, coach TUF12 Team US vs Team Canada and then walk right into a title shot.

this will happen.

blue63 - 
EvilMaster - He isn't in the UFC. Nobody outside of the hardcore community even knows who he is. No way would he walk into the UFC right into a title fight. Not gonna happen. If anything, he would need 4 or 5 dominant wins in a row in the octagon before that was even a possibility. And I doubt he would get those wins at the UFC level.

Plus, Hendo is going to crush him badly. It's a mismatch. Strikeforce wants Hendo to be their poster boy. So they are giving him a belt on a platter. Don't blame them, cause I would do the same.
Mark my words.  He'll walk right into the UFC, coach TUF12 Team US vs Team Canada and then walk right into a title shot.

I'm so sure about it I'm willing to make it a permanent UG ban bet with you just so I can rid the UG of your dumbass.

i like this.

Hendo = first match in UFC: Champion vs Champion against Rampage

First match in Strikeforce: Title shot against Shields

He's obviously still a top welterweight whether he wins or loses, and if he does lose he still wouldn't be that far from a title shot, a couple wins maybe.

But if he signs with the ufc coming off a big win against Hendo, I can't see how he wouldn't be eligible for a shot, obviously the daley/kos winner is in the mix....but if daley wins would you rather see him (a guy who shields schooled) against gsp instead? I wouldn't. And if not shields then who?

UFC 113: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
UFC 115: Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch
UFC 115: Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago

113 is May 8th and 115 is June 12th and Shields fights next weekend. Pending medical clearances, Shields would have to wait 4 (or so) months -- just to fight one of the winners of these Fights? THEN the winner of that fights GSP? That would put GSP fighting at the end of the year, which is ridiuclous and too much time off.

How about GSP vs. Shields at 116, same card with Lesnar vs. Carwin -- talk about ratings.

I was thinking this too...he would deserve an immediate shot at GSP...I just think Hendo is going to KO him

EvilMaster - He isn't in the UFC. Nobody outside of the hardcore community even knows who he is. No way would he walk into the UFC right into a title fight. Not gonna happen. If anything, he would need 4 or 5 dominant wins in a row in the octagon before that was even a possibility. And I doubt he would get those wins at the UFC level.

Plus, Hendo is going to crush him badly. It's a mismatch. Strikeforce wants Hendo to be their poster boy. So they are giving him a belt on a platter. Don't blame them, cause I would do the same.

What are you smoking EvilMaster 4 or 5 dominant wins b4 he gets title shot. If he comes to the UFC he will be coming in as a top5 WW. Hardy only needed 4 fights to get the shot and u think Jake will need that many fight. Jake has fought some good quality guys he might need 1 or a max of 2 before he gets the shot if he were to come to the UFC.

EvilMaster you should really pull your head out of your ass because your way of looking at thing is upside down with a stron sent of shit with it. this thread makes you look like a total troll and u should know better by now.