If Tito loses and doesn't retire, then Marquardt..

..fights somewhere else those fighters are a good start to a new promotion or a boost to an existing one. There's also Jardine and a few other floaters out there....

Agree or disagree?

he might head to bellator.. or maybe another new promotion tha will make him their star.. maybe japan??

BzGrappla - he might head to bellator.. or maybe another new promotion tha will make him their star.. maybe japan??

Proelite

Jardine vs Ortiz for the vacant PE LHW strap. Phone Post

Not necessarily so. Those are fighters that will be percieved as UFC castoffs and a second-tier product. And you have to sink a lotta money to build an MMA promotion.

Tito will not lose.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

Dana will let Tito go to strikeforce cause everyone wants to watch Tito and dana can try strikeforce ppv Phone Post

I hope if Tito loses he will be smart enough to hang them up. I'm sure it's hard but it would be sad to see a former champ like Tito fighting in these smaller organizations. Let's be honest, yea Tito hasn't won since 06, but he's been losing to champions and contenders (besides hamill) Phone Post

Jardine is still in Strikeforce after a draw with whatshisface....

jaseprobst - Not necessarily so. Those are fighters that will be percieved as UFC castoffs and a second-tier product. And you have to sink a lotta money to build an MMA promotion.
You might be right, on the other hand does the casual fan even know Tito's record over his name?

Tito vs Jardine is a legit match.

Marquardt vs anybody at 170 is also a legit match.

Tito isn't a legit match against anyone until he wins a fight.

He could probably beat Jardine though.

MMA isn't like pro-wrestling. You can't just grab 'names' and expect it to work. If that was the case, the UFC wouldn't have driven so many competetors out of business.

nostripewhite - Tito isn't a legit match against anyone until he wins a fight.

MMA isn't like pro-wrestling. You can't just grab 'names' and expect it to work. If that was the case, the UFC wouldn't have driven so many competetors out of business.
You made the point for me that Tito/Jardine was a legt match, but I didn't say they could turn it into a horserace, just start with those guys.

Any org with some decent UFC names can put on a halfway decent show. We already know that nobody is competing with the UFC.

nostripewhite - Tito isn't a legit match against anyone until he wins a fight.

That is what Bodog, Affliction, etc all tried.
Throwing gobs of money at free agent names.

Look how well that worked for them