If you think Aldo should have got the W in Moraes fight

I noticed Khabib did not include Aldo as one of the GOATS in his mind. When you talk GOATS you have to include Aldo.

He was undefeated at FW for a decade and is ending his career down at BW so he was never a huge FW. His list of impressive wins is known.

If you think Aldo got the W in the Moraes fight then Aldo has only lost a single fight in his seventeen year career outside of title fights and it happened up at LW, sixteen years ago when he was a nineteen year old kid who had only been fighting pro for a year. He fought a 25 year old who soon after beat Din Thomas and headed to PRIDE to fight at 170 lbs vs Sakurai. Aldo made his pro debut a month prior to turning eighteen years old.

Despite being a seventeen year veteran of the sport, Aldo recently just beat a top 15 ranked BW in his last fight.

Based on skills, longevity, performances and achievements, Aldo is for sure one of the GOATS in my mind.

7 Likes

Definitely one of the greatest at any weight.

1 Like

Definitely on the Mt Rushmore of 145 and below

Best featherweight in the history of 145. There hasn’t been enough time for anyone to accomplish more. What Aldo did at 145 was incredible and is very hard to do in the lower weight classes. If Max Holloway gets back to the belt and defends it multiple times again then he will make it close.

3 Likes

Volko ruined Max’s chances.

I would have taken DC off his list (Fedor is the heavyweight goat) and put Aldo there instead.

Was never impressed by Aldo. A lot of his fights he did just enough to win rounds. Fucking snoozefests.

Did not realize it but see now Aldo is fighting Pedro Munhoz in three weeks at 265.

Not only did Munhoz KO Garbrandt not too long ago but he would be 9-1 in his last ten (UD loss to Sterling) if he did not drop split decisions to Edgar and Dodson.

Aldo never gets easy fights… he has fought the top forever. that alone puts him in the goat status… still possibly my fav fighter ever.

2 Likes

Those splits were VERY close fights as well. Munhoz is a very dangerous guy and a risky one for Aldo. Clearly Jose gives no fucks at all and wants the best guys.

Aldo was a wrecking machine and he most definitely beat Moraes in that fight and I’m not even an Aldo fan.

Aldo is without doubt in the Top 5 of all time