If you were Floyd would you ever fight a real boxer again?

1. One last 9 figure check to fight Canelo. It would probably be close to the Pac fight as a payday.

2. Retire undefeated.

Floyd has made so much money that all the dumb shit he did that’s the text book making of a “and he ended up broke” story never came to fruition, and probably will not.

I tried to make it a poll, maybe a mid can help. I’m almost certain I did it wrong. Either way what would you do, would you take one last fight against Canelo, which is almost certainly an L, or would you rather be 50-0 and be officially retired right now ?

Nah he’ll never take a real fight again… unless it’s against some scrub but that wouldn’t make sense. He can make more money fighting these exhibition bouts

1 Like

Nope, he done it right, left with all his marbles made money and has nothing left to prove

1 Like

Definitely no. Would be stupid to.

No, he’s retired for good ATM it seems

No because the last time he fought a real boxer (Logan Paul) he got destroyed

1 Like

Canelo would beat him in 2021 in my opinion, that’d be a very silly fight to take

Never. He is 44 years old. He is a legend and arguably the GOAT.

He has millions of dollars. He owns numerous businesses. He will never go broke no matter how many times the UG wished it upon him.

He may fight another celebrity type in an exhibition because that will not tarnish his name.

He is enjoying life.

Hell no. He’s having fun and making a shitload of money boxing joes. The older he’s gotten the more I like him. I used fuckin hate him back in the day.

1 Like

He’s 50-0 and rich as all Hell. No. I would retire and kick back and enjoy life

2 Likes

How much they paying me?

For another 300mil yes.

300mil > The chance of a loss

He should and likely will never fight a contender again.

PBF may act like a moron, but he’s not that stupid and amazingly keeps his true ego in check even as he’s rolling around his mansions in 100K roller skates.

He will never have an official professional boxing again, and shouldn’t. Legacy is one of a mind, and with one official loss, it isn’t.

1 Like

Too risky for this Floyd

This…he’s 4 years old, there’s no reason to keep fighting. He knows he doesn’t have “it” anymore and there’s no reason to fight a guy in his prime for some $ when he has plenty of it, and can make money fighting 120 pound kickboxers, or 190 pound celebrities.

However, after this fight doing like 600K PPV buys in the US, and it not being a great fight, I doubt he can make as much for another fight like this. If the they’re only expecting that many buys, they’re not going to offer him a huge base salary and %.

I could see some dumb shit like him vs DLH or something though.

1 Like

Floyd has been crystal clear in what he has been doing. He knows his limitations and says he has no illusions that he should be in there with the real young lions of boxing.

1 Like

@Rickmassmma

I agree with everything you wrote but I thought the PPV buys were over 1 million. Or did you just mean in US.

I would love to see him fight Canelo again but that’s very risky with little reward besides a payday he could get in an exhibition.

He should rematch DLH if he wants something a little more competitive and respectable.

my post said “600K PPV buys in the US”, I didn’t see worldwide reported. Even if it did a million worldwide, that’s a far cry from what they were hoping. Floyd’s recent fights all sold well, and he could sell 600K buys in the US fighting anyone. I’m sure they assumed the celebrity podcaster/youtuber was going to bring in a bunch of buys too, so how many of that 600K can be attributed to Floyd?

Kinda crazy that Jake Paul vs Ben Askren sold 1.5M, but Logan Paul vs Floyd Mayweather did less than that.

Floyd can certainly make big $ fighting, but it won’t be the big $ he’s used to. He’s not gonna get the same offer next time, and he’s not fighting anyone remotely tough for 10-20M.

Will he make Canelo drop to 150lbs?