Ilia Topuria just joined an elite group of fighters, as Featherweight champ

Think of the FW champions we’ve had in the UFC since the division was first added to the promotion

Jose Aldo x2
Conor McGregor
Max Holloway
Alexander Volkanovski

IMG_6324

And now it’s his turn

That was a fine performance

His ground game looked good in past fights but it will be interesting to see if it’s elite. Looking forward to seeing more fights

1 Like

While it wasn’t pure BJJ as he wore Mitchell down with his hands and also Ryan Hall, you can see Top’s level on the ground and in wrestling vs both of them who are both high lev bjj guys for mma.

That’s quite the row of champs.

2 Likes

Doesn’t get talked about enough but Featherweight has been an incredible eight division since WEC days and ever since it was first adopted into the ufc

2 Likes

And let’s not forget it was started by Faber. And then Mike Brown who never had the best MMA record but became one of the best coaches.

3 Likes

Aldo v. Faber was the first FW fight I ever saw live. I still don’t know how Faber went all 5 rounds with two broken hands

I think that was Faber vs Mike Brown

What’s next for Topuria?

Correct. They fought twice too?

Yep and Mike floored him twice I think.

1 Like

Yair or Max

1 Like

Conor never defended. That’s hardly a champion.

1 Like

He KO’d an all-time great while defeating top-notch challengers on his rise to contention. He’s a legit champ.

1 Like

I watched Faber defend several times. Brown clotheslining him to win the belt was something

RIP WEC, you was a kang

I pray they pull him from the Justin G fight and have him fight for the strap again.