I'm back you mother grabers - Jon Fitch

Jon is the best 24’er ever!!!

Looking forward to seeing you compete in grappling events if that’s what u are gonna do,

1 Like

@JonFitchSMASH

Can U say who got the better of each other in sparring/grappling in training with Most

Or will U not break team code

Okay! Cool. Been waiting for this question since yesterday. When would you say the last time was you successfully rolled for a kneebar be this in competition or training and if you remember could we get a breakdown?

inn and welcome aboard My question is did u wrestle any ufc fighters back in your wrestling days ? and who was your toughest mma fight and wrestling match

3 Likes

Tom Erickson was his coach at Purdue I believe,

Everyone that has trained under him have some crazy stories (in a good way, a d how fucking strong he was)

2 Likes

In

Shout out to

Adam Hunter
Sean McCorkle
Don Frye
Thee Greg Romero
Bill Dawes

Also CB Gold, I miss his weird autistic ass

2 Likes

This is an interesting perspective I hadn’t considered.

Don’t you think that the rise of social media has caused or at least contributed to the decrease in skill?

I don’t see many modern fighters with the same level of work ethic as your generation had. There’s a lot of cold plunges, “I need a rest day or I might get rabdo,” “I wanna try this thing I saw on Instagram” and not a lot of shutting the hell up and drilling/sparring or listening to coaches.

UFC monopoly could potentially explain the drop in skill at the highest levels, but not at the ammy or local level

2 Likes

No plans on competing. Mostly teach and do podcasts these days.

4 Likes

I don’t ever go for kneebars. Not really my thing. I look to get on top and do work from there. Try to finish subs while still on top, too.

5 Likes

You still communicating & associating with Dave?

Welcome Jon!

Never competed against anyone in wrestling and MMA. The toughest fight was GSP. Had a butt load of tough wrestling matches.

11 Likes

I would rather be knocked out by Ngannou than
Being in a Paul Harris submission

@JonFitchSMASH what was that little retard Palhares’s grip/strength like.

I couldn’t imagine anything worse, he’s a fucking scumbag

1 Like

A lot of fighters today aren’t fighters at heart. They are IG models posing as fighters. We used to drive hundreds of miles to maybe get a fight for $200, and no one would see the fight at all. It was about fighting back then. Not all this other BS.

27 Likes

Some but not much. A DM here and there a few times a year.

1 Like

@JonFitchSMASH great to see you back here man!

Possibly a controversial question so forgive me for potentially putting you on the spot but after the abomination of Pennington and Bueno Silva at UFC 297 do you think it’s finally time that women be removed from sharing cards with the men?

That fight was doomed from the beginning on my end.

1 Like

This is actually Don Frye and read what his shirt says.

3 Likes

If people really liked women’s MMA, then Invicta would be a serious competitor to UFC.

21 Likes