I'm back you mother grabers - Jon Fitch

I’ve been gone for some time, but I’m back. The boilerbrawn screen name has been retired and I’m using this JonFitchSMASH handle now. Looking forward to connecting and discussing the MMA landscape with all of you.

Got any questions?

78 Likes

Yes is DeWayne still managing any fighters?

1 Like

You’ve been very outspoken vs Dana and how the UFC treats their fighters, lack of fighter pay, etc., have you had any backlash from your approach from actual fighters that maybe surprised you? I imagine there are a lot of guys afraid to speak out that have reached out to you to show appreciation for you fighting the good fight, just wondering if there’s been any of the opposite

4 Likes

Welcome back Mr Fitch!

I am curious on your thoughts about the current state of the top of the Welterweight Division.

Do you think the current #1 and #2 in Leon Edwards and Belal Muhammad would still hold those Rankings if the Champions and Contenders from your era like yourself and GSP were still competing in their prime in the Division today?

4 Likes

Cool. No questions. But thanks for beating Paul Daley

9 Likes

How do you feel about 502s?

1 Like

This concludes our Q&A with Jon Fitch. Thank you all for participating!

8 Likes

Ring or cage?

Good to see you back Fitch, there are a lot of fans of your career on this site. We thoroughly enjoyed your grit and perseverance in the sport.

1 Like

Did Vince McMahon ever promise you a job for “services”?

1 Like

Just, welcome.

1 Like

I’m going to have to Google grabers.

And don’t pulloff no Hit-n-Run.

I have had zero pushback from any fighters. I believe 100% of them support what we are doing, but they are too afraid of backlash to show any outward support. Any of the fighters could have removed themselves from the suit if they didn’t believe in it. Zero of them have.

13 Likes

I don’t think so. You can’t actually be a good manager in this environment. Managers today are actually brokers who work for the promoter.

6 Likes

I personally think fighters’ skill levels are lower today than they were 15 years ago. This is one of the side effects of a monopolized market. The quality of products always decreases in a monopoly, while free market competition increases the value of the product.

33 Likes

So far so good.

Thanks Jon.

2 Likes

Fun music, but they dress kind of faggy.

9 Likes

I like watching fights in both. I think it would be nice to have an independent title for each.

4 Likes

Thanks for your response. I agree and was curious what your thoughts were on it.

For what it’s worth I was there and thought you Beat Rory Macdonald for that Bellator WW Belt and those judges robbed you.

2 Likes