IM SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE COMPLAIN

ABOUT SAK GETTIN 2 REMATCHES WITH SILVA!!! HE DID NOT GET A REMATCH THE SECOND TIME. SILVA WAS THE #1 MW FIGHTING IN PRIDE AND SAK WAS THE #2, THEREFORE WHEN PRIDE WANTED A MW CHAMP THEY WERE THE OBVIOUS CANDIDATES. NOT BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO GIVE SAK A REMATCH!!!!

WHEN HE FOUGHT SILVA THE THIRD TIME THEY GAVE HIM THAT FIGHT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A HUGE DRAW BECAUSE OF HOW POPULAR HE AND SILVA ARE AND BECAUSE OF THEIR HISTORY, NOT BECAUSE HE ASKED FOR THE REMATCH.

I DONT WANNA HEAR HOW UNFAIR IT IS THAT HE GOT REMATCHES AND NEVER GAVE ANY AGAIN.

oh, my cap lock were on, my bad

saku said he doesn't like to give rematches, not that he won't.

plus it's not his choice. He's the most popular guy in pride, the fans in japan don't want to see him fight a guy he already beat. It's that simple. saku's a good guy.

sakurabaaaaaaaaa!

Nobody cares MUDNAMER!

Oh I'm a MUDNAMER my bad:)

Yes, he did get a rematch the second time. When people fight twice, its a rematch, no matter what the reason.

Paulio is correct...

LOL at the logic of "HE DID NOT GET A REMATCH THE SECOND TIME. "...

Saku will always be a legend

lol @ polish punisher. If getting KOed by el nino doesn't lower you stock, you're a legend. plain and simple. saku is the best ever and everybody knows it.

lol

"Yes, he did get a rematch the second time. When people fight twice, its a rematch, no matter what the reason."

Please, your missing the point. People act as if Sak got that fight because of a favor from Pride. He really got it cause he was #2 and they wanted #1 and #2 to fight for the title

I was unaware people were complaining...

what you talking about willis?

all your base are belong to us!

i am having a hard time unscrambling that last post...

Does a victory over Randleman then rise his stock again EvilYoshida?

I have explained this a number of times but I guess one more time won't kill me.

Sak/Silva I happened at Pride 13. At this time Kazushi Sakurabu was considered by most the best under 205lb'r in the world. As a matter of fact most experts thought he would beat Silva rather easily although these same experts now would probably deny it.

Anyhoo Saku wears a belt into the ring. It's a small belt that says "Saku" on it. This is a belt that Sak had made for himself because he wanted a belt after his amazing run of victories. Pride had no champions (other than Mark Coleman who had won the Pride Gran Prix the previous year) at the time.

Sak/Silva 1 was in no way a championship match. After the match they give the Saku belt to Silva and I assume he still has it.

In Pride 14 Silva defeats Shungo Ohyama quickly. Sak comes back in Pride 15 and defeats Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Pride 17 comes about and Pride announces that they will now have a heavyweight champion and a middleweight champion. For these matches they will have the two top fighters from each division compete for the belts.

For the Pride Heavyweight title Nogueira will face Heath Herring because at the time these two were thought to be the #1 and #2 contenders.

Silva will face Saku for the middleweight title for the same reason because they were considered the #1 and #2 contenders.

Hence the Silva/Sak II fight. It was not bias or xenophobia that got Sak the fight it was simply that he and Silva were the two top contenders and so they met for the title.

"Thats pride fuckin with ya"

- Marsallus Wallace

Even as a Sak fan, the 3rd fight was kinda ridiculous but even if you dont consider the fact that Sak made Pride, Sak was the long time #1 MW guy and was beaten by Silva in a quick fashion.

Rematches are usually given either when its a close and controverisal decision or when it ends very quickly.

I dont think anyone should have been surprise with Silva/Sak II.

As far as those who you think should be in line for a rematch with Sak, I think the best candidate would be Vitor except that he wasnt really lighting it up in Pride and by the time he was 'back,' he did it in the UFC.

Mezger would also be fair game but he lost quite a bit since and is quite a bit bigger than Sak (well, maybe not since Sak packed on a few).

Goes? ...has done what to warrant it? Royce, perhaps but has Royce even made the effort himself or mentioned that he wants too?