Imagine if 50 percent of the standup action was like this

There are different types of fighters in Thailand called by their style. One is Muay Matt. Fighters who concetrate on their hands and leg kicks. In ONE the superseries has full Muay Thai fights in MMA gloves. I think this makes a statement intentionally or not at what MMA could look like. Harrison’s leg kicks would fell a normal man but Rodlek isn’t normal and even had to change his stance to keep the damage down.

I see some beautiful chain Ju Jitsu in MMA, why isn’t it so with stand up. I think the chief cause is fear of getting hit. And the higher up the weight you go, there is founded fear that you’ll get KO’d but it’s that way in boxing too.

SEcond is shin conditioning. I bet a million dollars that 90 plus percent of fighters do not condition your shins. It’s a long process but can be done. My bone dennsity in my shins changed over a 10 year time frame from Muay Thai. There is a way to toughen the skin. If you know something will hurt, ie blocking and or kicking, you are less likely to throw it with full power. Here is a good fight

3 Likes

that was great fun, thanks for posting.

Those are some extremely little men.

On youtube, you can watch ONE’s kickboxing and Muay Thai super series. Or type in Johnathan Haggerty, Rodtang, Rodlek, Gregorio Petrosyan, Superbon. That’s enough to get you started with some real serious MT fights in mma gloves. The Kicboxing rules are different than full Muay Thai rules. you can google the differences. I enjoy them both. I posted another thread with fights from the Golden age of Muay Thai from the channel Muay Thai Scholar on youtube. I’ll put my favorite one up here. The Golden Age was between 1985 to the late 90s. That channel has so many of the classics from Thailand.

Also if you want to watch fights from Lumpinee stadium today’s era you can go to the channel Lumpinee Stadium channel. There afe a ton of great sites. See, I really dropped out of MMA and MT for about 10 years after 12 years living it as a fighter and coach.I come back and there are all these new channels and videos and beautful fights online. Glory has had some good fights but they are bankrupt. So One has thebest fights going right now. And Yakkao has some good fights too. They have a channel as well.

1 Like

They also look like they’d be very painful to fight

1 Like