IMANARI submits Tavares

Masakazu Imanari, the Prince of 1000 Leglocks, submits the very game Renato Tavares with a HEEL HOOK at 2:36 of the second round!!!

I predicted this because everyone was saying how aggressive Tavares was going to be and when you get aggressive against Imanari, you get caught.

You have to methodically control him and you can win, just like Aurelio and Buscape did. If you get too aggressive and start getting into scrambles with him, he WILL catch you.

This, of course, is all my personal speculation because I haven't seen any description of the fight yet.

kakkarotto_san,

I would call it an "educated guess." Imanari is extremely tricky on the ground. He completely forgoes any position for leg-locks. The guy's style is crazy. I would call him a much more skilled but less bizarre version of "the oriental mystery" Takumi Yano (minus the stinky socks and awesome head scissors choke, of course).

fos

Fear the socks....

hello... anyone here?

Geez, I figured Ryan G, SILK, Kai Tremeche, and YVES' JOCKSTRAP ;) would be all over this thread.

Come on guys, its Imanari....

KUDOS to Imanari! :-) Any descriptions of the fight?

Imanari is the fucking MAN.

Imanari is the man...

Kakkarotto_san- Congrats to Imanari. He is very dangerous with his attacks. I heard Renato was really doing well up until he got caught in the 2nd round. After the fight Imanari commented how strong Renato felt. You are correct tough, the way to beat Imanari is to control him much like Aurelio did.

American Top Team

Sweet, glad he won.

Imanari is like Sato, the best way to beat him is to control him and avoid going for anything risky. I want to see him in the big show again, more people need to see and appreciate his skills. Some of the things he pulls off are purely amazing.

I want to see Imanari/Sato Imanari/Maeda and Imanari/Uematsu

SA

I agree with FOS and the Carrot, Imanari is prolly one of the most exiting fighters (top 10 for excitement, like Sudo, Takaharu Murahama, and Sato) in the world. Ditto for Yano being weird but not as exciting or skilled (he had alot of trouble with SK Absoulute's Shigeyuki Umeki, who was just starting his MMA career).

I didn't get a chance to see either of his fights vs ATT's fighters.

Can someone explain how Marcus Aurelio fought him....what he did to neutralize Imanari?.....and how Renato was doing against him until he got caught?

Thanks

"Imanari/Sato"

They actually fought against each other a few years ago in Combat Wrestling (submission only)

Imanari caught Rumina in a toe hold and Rumina had to scramble like CRAZY to escape. Eventually Rumina took Imanari's back and submitted him with a rear naked choke.

Go Imanari. :)

He would be a much more successful fighter if he got off his leglock obsession. He has a better all around game than he usually shows. But he's addicted to leg locks, he can't help but go for them.

By Prides criteria Imanari beat Buscape IMO

"They actually fought against each other a few years ago in Combat Wrestling (submission only)

Imanari caught Rumina in a toe hold and Rumina had to scramble like CRAZY to escape. Eventually Rumina took Imanari's back and submitted him with a rear naked choke. "

sometimes i find it pointless as to why Rumina bothers with Combat Wrestling he always wins (besides Miyasake and some other guy)

Takase i widey claimed to be the best grappler in Japan i would say IMO it's pretty much like...

Rumina( besides Akira who in Japan is skilled Enough to beat Rumina in a ALL OUT GRAPPLING MATCH?),Imanari, and god i forgot his name he was submited by Kotani in ZST are a tie

Umetsu( solid Sambo,Judo,Bjj background Submited Uno by Leg lock)

Mishima (yes he Hualled Ass in the All Japan BJJ Championship

Kikuta (ADCC)

Pretty much under that draw your own list of names to fallow under that.

"god i forgot his name he was submited by Kotani in ZST are a tie "

Hideo Tokoro.

mark of the wolf is correct.I'd add Uno,Gomi,and Koji Komuro to the list of best grapplers in Japan.

Uno is an amazing grappler, but not in a technical sense. He just has amazing defense and amazing heart. He never ever gives up. I mean, he almost fights a reverse Rope-a-dope, where he just keeps the pace relentless and just outlasts you.

I dunno about Takase, as his fights do not interest me and he was submitted by an unknown grappler in Nobuhiro Tsurumake quite easily at the first Contenders event. Yasushi Miyake is good as I have seen him beat Uno and Gomi, Contenders and All-Jpaan Combat are the most entertaining grappling events I have ever watched. The only person who runs tourneys similar to those in the states is Gene LeBelle.