Interesting UFC Fuel 9 Observation...

Nearly everyone on the card is either a newcomer, or coming off a loss.

Coming off a loss:
Papy Abedi
Besam Yousef
Tom Lawlor
Reza Madadi
Michael Johnson
Brad Pickett
Mike Easton
Matt Mitrione
Phil De Fries

Newcomers:
Ryan LaFlare
Conor McGregor
Chris Spang
Amagov
Ryan Couture
Gegard Mousasi
Ilir Latifi

Plus you have Tor Troéng & Adam Cella coming off knockout losses in amateur fights AND making their debut. (Falls into both categories)

To make things more interesting... most of the remainder of the card have only won a single fight since last losing.

Ross Pearson
Diego Brandao
Pablo Garza
Akira Corassani
Michael Kuiper

The only 2 fighters on the card who have won more than 1 in a row in the UFC are:
Marcus Brimage
Robbie Peralta (If you ignore the no contest)

This is probably the most meaningless UFC card in years. Then again, it means something... 10+ fighters will be cut and out of a job after this card.

Is this card solely to weed out the non-belongers?

Good point... Phone Post 3.0

Great observation OP Phone Post 3.0

Good observation but I don't mind it because 1) it's free and 2) a lot of the fighters on the card are great performers. Phone Post 3.0

so a free event is being used to build fighters not showcase top tier talent? The ufc are a bunch of criminals

It wasnt too long ago, there were no free fights and a ppv only once every 3 months. How quickly people forget how far this sport has came in so few years

kungfugrip - so a free event is being used to build fighters not showcase top tier talent? The ufc are a bunch of criminals

It wasnt too long ago, there were no free fights and a ppv only once every 3 months. How quickly people forget how far this sport has came in so few years

Jaja Phone Post

Kostakio - Good observation but I don't mind it because 1) it's free and 2) a lot of the fighters on the card are great performers. Phone Post 3.0
I told you. Amazing fights for the most part. Phone Post 3.0