Intersting TUF10 Abe Wagner Comment from Blog

Must have been like sparring with a crash test dummy for Jon. The fight looked like Mir vs Lesnar minus Abe giving his corner the thumbs up sign.

ndenis - I don't know about you guys, but I have always found that the fights on TUF never really seemed that intense, and the fighters don't seem to fighting at 100%...

I've always felt, watching these fights, that the fighters don't really get into the fight, mentally, as they do when its a 'real' MMA match.

So I am definitely not surprised by this comment, they generally do look like glorified sparring matches.

I wonder if someone has some statistics on finishes in TUF fights vs real UFC events. I believe that there are significantly less knockouts on TUF (proportionally of course) than there are in live events.

I think you're on to something there. I have noticed many times that the fights were lackluster on TUF. And I've noticed a pattern that whenever they build a fighter up and talk about how talented and dangerous he is, he usually gives a terrible performance in the cage. And the guys they make to look like sissies or eccentrics are the ones who fight like skilled vicious dogs in the cage.

I think there is a world of difference between these guys fighting at the training center and when they fight on ufc fight night.