Intocombat - bands and cable dvd

Band and Pulley Training Volume 1

I would like to share with
everyone some great products brought to you by intocombat.com.

First a little bit about me. I have been training
MMA and Jiu Jitsu for almost 17 years.I have been teaching Martial Arts
and
strength and conditioning for 15 years.I have never had another job,
all I do is
teach, train, and study.

Now I own a school called MarinMMA and
teach MMA and Jiu Jitsu to beginners and professionals alike.

I came across JC Santana at a functional training
seminar geared toward combat athletes a few years back.
What JC taught literally forever changed the way I
condition myself and my athletes.

I felt like I had found the "missing Link" in my
training, and discovered the secret to functional and sport specific
training
that had eluded me for so many years.

I believe so much in what he does that I am writing
a review so that others can benefit as I have.

The first DVD that I have reviewed is Band and Pulley Training Volume 1
and can be
found at www.intocombat.com.

This video is great for anyone who needs in
introduction and overview of functional training specifically with the
bands and
cables.

The video covers literally hundreds of exercises
broken down into easy to follow sections, like Locomotion, pulling,
pushing,
legs and hips, core conditioning, etc...

It also teaches the proper progression so that
athletes don't risk injury by jumping straight into advanced
exercises.

To make sure you understand the progressions, there
is a short quiz at the end of the sections which serves as a quick
review.

The video is filmed at a Gold's gym which gives it
a "real life" feeling since most of us workout at sports clubs.

JC does a voice over as he or his trained staff
take you through the exercises.

The explanation is detailed and clear and the
production quality is top notch.

The topics are clearly organized and quickly give
you more information that most people can handle.

I had to take notes and I recommend you do
also.

What separates this video from many that I have
seen is the amount of exercises that JC covers.

Most jiu jitsu videos show around 15
techniques.

This video has hundreds of exercises with endless
training program possibilities. I went to the gym to try out some of
the
exercises because I was real pumped up after watching the video. I had
a great
workout and felt that I had deepened my understanding of functional
training.

With a long history of overtraining and injuries, I
finally feel like I am on the right track.

My only hesitation for putting this out there is
that now everyone will have access to the training methods that I feel
gives my
school an edge!

But a true teacher shares the knowledge
right?

Please let me know if you have anymore specific
questions on the videos or anything.

I am also not trying to sell you any products nor
do I work for intocombat.

I am just trying to share something that has
greatly improved my training with the Martial Arts community.

Next I will review Bands and Pulleys

ack! paragraphs are your friends!

I tried, but alas my head hurts now.

Come on man, you have to put a little bit of effort into writing a post. Many people have probably ignored your post because of its format.

Band and Pulley Training Volume 1

I would like to share with everyone some great products brought to you by intocombat.com. First a little bit about me. I have been training MMA and Jiu Jitsu for almost 17 years.I have been teaching Martial Arts and strength and conditioning for 15 years.I have never had another job, all I do is teach, train, and study.

Now I own a school called MarinMMA and teach MMA and Jiu Jitsu to beginners and professionals alike. I came across JC Santana at a functional training seminar geared toward combat athletes a few years back. What JC taught literally forever changed the way I condition myself and my athletes. I felt like I had found the "missing Link" in my training, and discovered the secret to functional and sport specific training that had eluded me for so many years. I believe so much in what he does that I am writing a review so that others can benefit as I have.

The first DVD that I have reviewed is Band and Pulley Training Volume 1 and can be found at www.intocombat.com. This video is great for anyone who needs in introduction and overview of functional training specifically with the bands and cables.

The video covers literally hundreds of exercises broken down into easy to follow sections, like Locomotion, pulling, pushing, legs and hips, core conditioning, etc... It also teaches the proper progression so that athletes don't risk injury by jumping straight into advanced exercises. To make sure you understand the progressions, there is a short quiz at the end of the sections which serves as a quick review.

The video is filmed at a Gold's gym which gives it a "real life" feeling since most of us workout at sports clubs. JC does a voice over as he or his trained staff take you through the exercises. The explanation is detailed and clear and the production quality is top notch. The topics are clearly organized and quickly give you more information that most people can handle. I had to take notes and I recommend you do also.

What separates this video from many that I have seen is the amount of exercises that JC covers. Most jiu jitsu videos show around 15 techniques. This video has hundreds of exercises with endless training program possibilities. I went to the gym to try out some of the exercises because I was real pumped up after watching the video. I had a great workout and felt that I had deepened my understanding of functional training. With a long history of overtraining and injuries, I finally feel like I am on the right track.

My only hesitation for putting this out there is that now everyone will have access to the training methods that I feel gives my school an edge! But a true teacher shares the knowledge right?

Please let me know if you have anymore specific questions on the videos or anything. I am also not trying to sell you any products nor do I work for intocombat. I am just trying to share something that has greatly improved my training with the Martial Arts community.

Next I will review Bands and Pulleys.

Sorry Guys!!!!

When I posted it there were paragraphs I swear! Mchapman

Thank you for you edit.

Macavelli, sometimes you have to double "return" them when you can't use HTML.

ttt

I saw his SAID or something. his trainig for gi guys. maybe it was Rhadis and JC is just getting a bad rap. but that DVD sucked. overpriced repacked BS.

I don't mind knowing about your products, macavelli; but, it would be great if you Lloyd Irvin guys would just post what you want to sell and be more straight forward.

"I came across JC Santana at a functional training seminar geared toward combat athletes a few years back. What JC taught literally forever changed the way I condition myself and my athletes. I felt like I had found the 'missing Link' "

We don't need the "formula" sales pitch with the story about how it was discovered by a miracle, etc.

"My only hesitation for putting this out there is that now everyone will have access to the training methods that I feel gives my school an edge! But a true teacher shares the knowledge right?"

I think most guys here respect Lloyd and his accomplishments. But, the canned stories with every product just get old and sound so much like the same old magazine ad hype.

I'm not trying to slam you. But, would it really be so awful to just offer the product and give a short review?

Hear hear.

gaittec- Thank you for your feedback. It may seem a little far fetched but what I learned from JC and Rhadi really did change the way I look at conditioning. I have never wrote a review of a dvd. Maybe it sounds too sensationalized or something. I have another bands one that I will review and if a shorter more concise review is better than cool.

If I didn't really beliewe in the product I wouldn't say the things I say.  I also don't train at Lloyd Irvins school.  I am from Ralph Grace for 10 years.  Now I have my own academy.  

I never felt like I could conditon properly for MMA.  I used to bench heavy and do all those bodybuilding lifts.  Functional training has really expanded my world.  Sorry if it soulds like I am trying to sell you.  

This dvd is probably geared toward everyone that wants to workout including fighters.  I think Bands and Cables volume 2 is gonna be more geared toward high proformance athletes.

Again, thank you for the feedback!  I don't know how to write reviews I just try to make it engageing.  Maybe I have read to many Lloyd Irvin emails! LOL.

Since you posted on a public forum, be prepared for a little feedback.

Basically, the snake oil sales pitch that IntoCombat use is enough to completely put me off their products. A little class in marketing goes a long way.

'Maybe I have read to many Lloyd Irvin emails! LOL.'

That could be. Obviously Lloyd is a master promoter and salesman in addition to his skill.

Your post came on the heels of several others which were from Lloyd's camp and all seem to use the 'formula'.

I don't mind feedback. Again I like the products. I have been turned off to good products in the past because I didn't like the marketing. My next review will be more straight forward. Thanks for the feedback.