iphone bjj app

Good idea. I think it would take off a bit more at a lower price, though. It would help get user reviews up and cause some buzz.

I'm not saying it isn't worth $4.99, but it's hard to convince a lot of people to pay that much for an app that's relatively unknown.

And there is the high chance that someone will just rework your app and offer a lower price anyway. It's best to establish yourself early.

My 2 cents. Good luck with the project.

@ender The module is $2.99 and the app itself is $3.99.

At this point the iBJJ app is one of the most downloaded martial arts instructionals on the market. We have spent many many hours on the content as well as the interface. What we are doing is very time consuming but we feel well worth it as we have a strong product.

There are many independent reviewers with BJJ blogs that have rated us very highly.

http://bigstewbjj.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/ibjj-app-review-and-exclusive-news/
http://monkbjj.co.uk/?p=387

That's good you guys have some marketing going on. From what I see it looks like your hard work is paying off, the App is well designed and suits its purpose.

What made me raise my concern is this: I'd guess that about once a week, it's not really a plan just something I do when I'm bored, I browse the app store for things MMA/Martial Arts related, and I barely find anything interesting. I have never seen this app before through casual browsing.

Apps can be a major cash cow even though they are relatively inexpensive, and that's because Apps are mostly purchased on impulse, not due to research done on the consumers part.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the price you guys have right now is out of the majority of impulse buyers range- if you guys could find a way to hit that market you will be making your project stronger in the future.

The App is an awesome idea and I know you guys will continue to do well, but I think targeting such a large market will help you guys a lot.

Is there / have you guys considered a "Lite" version? You can call it iBJJ White Belt. :)

There is an iBJJ light version on the market so people can get a taste of how the app is set up. It is free and only has a few moves on it, but it's a good way of letting people try us out before purchasing the app.

I did not want to start with an MMA app, but a focus on BJJ and No-Gi grappling. One thing we did poorly though was our keywords. We did not put enough emphasis on MMA and everything was on BJJ. If you look up BJJ in iTunes we are right up at the top. But look for MMA and we are farther back in the mix. In retrospect we should have reached out more to the MMA market.

Our next in-app module will be an MMA module and we have a great UFC fighter for that. Stay tuned!

massbjj - There is an iBJJ light version on the market so people can get a taste of how the app is set up. It is free and only has a few moves on it, but it's a good way of letting people try us out before purchasing the app.

I did not want to start with an MMA app, but a focus on BJJ and No-Gi grappling. One thing we did poorly though was our keywords. We did not put enough emphasis on MMA and everything was on BJJ. If you look up BJJ in iTunes we are right up at the top. But look for MMA and we are farther back in the mix. In retrospect we should have reached out more to the MMA market.

Our next in-app module will be an MMA module and we have a great UFC fighter for that. Stay tuned!

Sounds great. Sorry if it seemed like I was grilling you.

And not to sound like an evil business man, but anyone with remote interest will pay .99 cents for the Lite version.

Ok, that really did sound like an evil businessman. But it is true.

i wouldnt pay .99 cents for a lite.

massbjj is there a lite version for the android?

and you would get a lot more looks if you post the links and QR code dealies

@Ender - np it came out fine ;-) Actually the Underground has been great for us. We have had a lot of members give us feedback and ideas on the app that we have incorporated into it. I think the member Morgz is responsible for the option to be able to reverse each move to the opposite side, and speed up and slow down the flipbook. So We really do appreciate and pay attention to all the feedback we get on here.

@Archangel - There is not a light version for Android because when we built the Android version, Android users had the option of buying an app and then returning it for a full refund within 24 hours. I was told they were switching that and if they take that away completely we will port the light version to Android.

I know I should put the QR code things up but I'm just the guy that's been getting choked, punched an kicked in the head for the past 15 years. I rely on my business partner to do all computer stuff. In fact I tried to link the promo video up on this thread earlier but gave up on that after failing multiple times.

cool thanks

Hmmmm, this app might end up on Appyhours.com

I am tight with the guys that run that site

ttt

Sweet thanks Ensanity! Even though when I clicked on your link I saw the app, "Sperm Shooter" I mean how are we supposed to compete with that!

And always thanks for the support Kirik!

massbjj - Sweet thanks Ensanity! Even though when I clicked on your link I saw the app, "Sperm Shooter" I mean how are we supposed to compete with that!
HAHAHA, I kinda lied though

By "guys", I meant "guy"

and by "tight with" I mean "I run it"

I'll try to post your app tonight.

Are you taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? If you are not, I suggest you do, Its fun and a great workout. Back in 2000, I went from 285lbs to 190lbs in 7 months. Mad core workout.

If you are taking up BJJ you might want to pick up this app iBJJ. Its a good reference app for techniques  like sweeps, submissions, and guard passes in different positions. Gi and No Gi techiques, SWEET!

Read the rest of this entry

Sweet thanks Ensanity!

No, thank you for making an Android app :-)

Ttt