IronMonkey: Judo/Wrestle SanShou?

Belgian??

But of course!

Excellent.

Now to a thread question - does it seem like specific styles of wrestling would be suited to takedowns more than throws, primarily by getting control of the lower body? And Judo more for throwing using the upper body and lower as well? 

My personal preference is upper body clinching, I worry about how a failed shoot can open you up to counters in MMA and of course the street...

My first grappling styles were Judo, Hapkido and Shuai Jiao,,,, in order Hapkido, SHuai Jiao and then Judo for those interested..

Lately, been very interested in Greco Roman stuff

Failed shoot -- like eating a kick or even a knee, or elbow (if allowed)? Then being "downed" so to speak?

Does Greco-Roman emphasis more upperbody takedowns as a style/rule?

Greco rules are no holds below the waist, so you don't see the double and single legs you see in folkstyle and free style... it's called "upright" wrestling

you can't use your legs to trip in greco either.

bkstrap, yup, that too :)

makes for a sort of slow wrestling style, but developed some very useful stuff for MMA style fighting

you've been out to quest too right?

yep, I've gone out to quest twice. I'm overdue for another visit. Best place in the world to get your ass kicked :)

Me and the crew here have been meaning to go back, but it's a schedule and cash thing, hard to find the right time and have money at that right time LOL