IRS Loves O'Money

Sean O’Malley has surpassed needing mixed martial arts (MMA) for financial stability.

Ultimate Fighting Championship’s (UFC) Bantamweight champion took the throne last year after a superstar rise through the ranks off of Dana White’s Contender Series in 2017. Needing just one picture-perfect counter punch to the dome of Aljamain Sterling, O’Malley defeated the former titlist in round two of their UFC 292 main event in August 2023 (watch highlights).

O’Malley, 29, was already a made man as a top

contender before he became champion. Between his podcast, YouTube channel, and various other media outlets. According to “Sugar,” he’s done so well outside of the Octagon that the payouts aren’t all too close numbers-wise.

“It depends what these guys’ goals are,” O’Malley said on Bradley Martyn’s Raw Talk about having a strong social media presence. “My goal is always to become a multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-millionaire. I wanted to become — make a lot of money. You can make a lot of money in the UFC not talking s—t, not really being on social media, doing all that thing. But you’re not — it’s gonna be harder when you have to win 5000 fights in a row.

“I paid more in taxes than I made last year in my fight [with Sterling],” he continued. “I made a lot of money fighting but I made triple that from social media. From Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, all these different social medias. I made triple the amount I made fighting. I made a lot of money fighting. So, it just depends what these guys’ goals are.”

Funny how all this supposed social media fame doesn’t translate into PPV sales.

It’s almost like nobody gives a shit :rofl:.

Gets his Twitter revenue while all his “fans” stream his fights.

4 Likes

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

2 Likes

O’Malley is always trying to convince everyone he’s really popular, while it seems nobody really cares.

He’s part of the cast of queer eye