Is AKA the GOAT Gym?

Cain - Top 3 HW of all time
DC - Top 5 HW all time, top 3 LHW all time
Khabib - GOAT LW
Islam - Current champ, could very well go on a long title run and become the GOAT LW
Luke Rockhold - Top 5 MW all time? Probably

Liam McGeary - former Bellator LHW champ

Arjan Bhullar - ONE FC HW Champ

Umar Nurmagomedov

Usman Nurmagomedov

Etc.

1 Like

Liam mcgeary never really trained at AKA. Cormier just paid him to come in so he could try and get used to Jon jones reach.

I agree though. AKA is probably the best gym in history. MFS was up there though. At one time they had 4 of the 5 belts in the UFC. It’s hard to see another gym ever accomplishing that again.

Fitch is a top 5 WW even if he never won the belt. Jake shields and BJ Penn trained at AKA for extended periods as well.

8 Likes

I thought he stayed for a bit longer after that

No, he def didn’t.

King mo spent a lot of time at AKA though

4 Likes

When i was sleeping in my car and then crashing in my vehicle they were the top gym at that time in 2008. I cant comment now how things are. Also spent a week at Jackson’s that same year and it was a joke. Javier is cool but everyone knew what they were there to do. Fitch was team captain.

6 Likes

Damn I completely forgot BJ Penn trained there for a bit. How long was he there for?

Not long

1 Like

I trained there for a little bit. Fitch def had the respect of the entire room. He was def a player/coach. He seemed to be the one running practice and he would show up even if he was too injured to train in order to set rounds up for guys fighting and to coach.

He def quietly commanded the respect of the entire room without even trying.

9 Likes

Fitch was awesome. I got my ass whooped crucified by josh Thompson bc he just powered out of shit lol and beat the fuck out of me. I was walking 162lb lol. I threw rockhold in a beautiful kimura right after he came back from worlds, he looked at it laughed and just pulled out like an Abercrombie model

4 Likes

I ended up staying w mike kyle for a week in oakland while he was serving his suspension for stomping that guy in WEC. Talk about sleeping w a fucking eye open ha

6 Likes

Lol, he was a fucking nut but a good guy.

Josh Thompson Strikeforce Lightweight champ

4 Likes

Rockhold is the best athlete that I have ever seen in mma. He’s by far the biggest MW that I have ever seen. In my next life I want to come back as that guy.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Frank Shamrock either.

5 Likes

I’m gonna raise this and add that if it wasn’t for Jon Jones pulsing ass, DC would probably be the P4P GOAT. He’d have had a hell of a run across 2 weight classes coming over from Strikeforce. Nobody else at LHW would have beat him and I doubt anyone but Stipe could have at heavyweight.

7 Likes

Big no doubt, but slow imo. He always did that step back into south paw right hook anytime someone came in during that period (strikeforce). Athletic no doubt . Mike hated him and hated josh for some reason i still cant figure out. Mike and josh were all always yelling racial shit. Whatever

1 Like

AKA is great but the best thing to happen to them is Team Eagles.

Javier Mendez himself says he’s not really that big a part of the success of the new Dagestani killers.

It’s all Khabib. Team Eagles is the best team ever and have a much higher win % than the rest of AKA.

[​IMG]

4 Likes

Stfu jack. Habib went SA, not the other way around

2 Likes

Javis always only been standup, then crazy mike, then Camarillo

What happend to the guy that was living at AKA back in 2006ish. I think his name was Matt Majors, he talked a TON of shit and did not seem stable. Any of you guys there during that?