Is Chael Sonnen drinking the Julianna Pena kool-aid ahead of UFC 269?

Is Chael buggin, or he has a bit of a decent point?

he’s trying to make it sound like she has a chance. Chael is working the event so I’m sure trying to do right by his bosses by hyping the fight

3 Likes

I think Peña has a chance. It’s hard to stay at the top. Add a baby a weight cut and an opponent with self belief anything is possible

4 Likes

I absolutely love Chael but he’s almost alway wrong when predicting fight outcomes

2 Likes

Pretty sure they used to train together.

only reason to pick pena is if u bet a penny on her to win u probably make a grand

Pena’s bjj is very underrated but she never takes her foot off the gas and gets caught in some wack spots

Pena got subbed by valentina by arm bar… chael didnt do his research.

I would definitely drink her Kool Aid.

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Betting odds on Pena are worth going reasonably big on. Realistically she’s more a +300 underdog. We haven’t seen Amanda taken into deep waters for a long time, Pena is unlikely to wilt to punches, she’s tough as fuck. If she hangs in there and lays and prays she certainly has a chance of grinding out a decision

Amanda never beat a wrestler like Meisha & Juliana would be as tough a fight as valentina cause she’s as good as her.
Chael is brilliant

Chael will argue whatever he thinks uncle Dana will like best. He’s always on the lookout for the next opportunity.

Iirc Valentina smashed Pena and submitted her even though everyone thought she would have the advantage if the right went to the ground. Chael gonna Chael. At this point he is just churning out content for clicks, but you can’t blame a man for trying to make a living.

1 Like

to be fair, valentina is probably the baddest chick around and beats every chick at 135 cept Nunes, and thats more due to Nunez size than skill

Chael is just trying to do a solid for Dana. This is one of the shittiest main events ever and it shines the spotlight on how terribly shallow WMMA is. Literally any woman on earth is one win away from a UFC title shot.

1 Like

Not too bad.

2 Likes

oops

This aged well. Good on Chael

Mystic Chael