Is Charles the first person in the UFC to ever refuse a title shot?

Just curious if anyone else in the UFC has been so afraid of their opponent who is favoured to beat them that they’d actually refuse a title shot and call for an unrealistic money fight against someone who is showing no interest to fight them.

3 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Germaine de Randamie was stripped of her title for refusing to defend against Cyborg.

19 Likes

That’s right. I don’t really follow WMMA.

Interesting we have to go to the womens division to find someone with as big a pussy as Charles.

1 Like

What’s this about? Can’t see op. I just don’t like him. shrug.

4 Likes

Islam, chandler or Connor are all huge, I don’t see the problem

I think Jones is doing it with Ngannou.

2 Likes

Machida turned down a second title shot against Jones when it was offered on short notice.

Whitaker refused a title shot against Izzy. He said he needed another fight.

1 Like

fighters looking for easier money fights? i’m pretty sure i’ve seen this before. i’m so fucking sick of people calling for a diaz fight.

1 Like

DP took the Conor rematch over a title fight with Charles or Chandler I think.

7 Likes

You were so bothered and upset by his words that you had to block him and now when you see his posts, instead ignoring them, you feel the need to tell people how you cant see them because you want everyone to know you blocked him.

You’re acting like a little bitch.

3 Likes

This is the only real comparable example, but in Dustin’s case Conor and the UFC were pressuring him for a rematch to save face for their boy because he had just beat that ass and paid him 5-10 times more than he would have gotten in a title fight. Dustin had leverage here, beat Conor, and fought Charles in his next fight.

Charles sitting out to “fight Conor” would be like Israel ducking the fight with Alex Pereira next and having Robert Whitaker take his place for the title shot saying he wants to “fight Canelo” in a boxing match when there isn’t even a real indication that fight would happen. Even worse, because in this case Islam is a heavy favourite over Oliveira while Israel is still the betting favourite over Pereira.

Lol at this noob.

3 Likes

Many times…

2 Likes

Who Da Fook Conor Mcgregor GIF - Who Da Fook Conor Mcgregor Who The Fuck -  Discover & Share GIFs

iirc karo turned down a shot at hughes

1 Like

why dont you make 100 threads on the same thing

3 Likes

Also they nico girl who was the first 125 champ wouldn’t fight either

troll trolling GIF