Is Coker using WCW business model?

Not talking about the overly goofy entrance stuff either, but the way they are making the cards.

You build up to the main event with exciting fighters, that the hardcores know, all leading up to the "legends" fight in the main event. The earlier fights are supposed to make up for the plausible trainwreck of older fighters, or hoping the nostalgia sways our view?

Because seems like the last card that followed this formula, Bonnar vs Ortiz, went the same way in execution and reception Phone Post 3.0

Uh... if it were the WCW business model, Kimbo Slice and Frank Shamrock would have been fighting for a title of some kind.

And if it were Russo-era WCW, Pitbull and Strauss would have switched opponents and there'd have bneen a surprise venue change where at least one main card match was fought in the parking lot in a ring of cars with poor lighting, and Coker would have launched the show by saying that MMA is normally fake but tonight it's real. Then he'd join the commentary booth and make fun of foreigners and anyone smaller than Middleweight.

EDIT: To make things crystal clear, I am extremely glad Coker is not Vince Russo.

It's to introduce the lesser known but better fighters to the casual fans who may become more than just casual fans.

Casuals tune in for the kimbo/shamrock/Tito stuff, but before that they can see guys like Chandler, pitbull, and Straus do their thing. Phone Post 3.0

Wcw NyQuil where the big boys play with each other

Nexuscrawlers - It's to introduce the lesser known but better fighters to the casual fans who may become more than just casual fans.

Casuals tune in for the kimbo/shamrock/Tito stuff, but before that they can see guys like Chandler, pitbull, and Straus do their thing. Phone Post 3.0
That was the direction WCW was going until they went overboard with the nWoverkill Phone Post 3.0

He's a carney promoter going after ratings... If you listened to his podcasts with Sonnen and heard him talk about making 8 grand his first event and how excited that got him he's always had the model of make sure you have a draw/poster boy then attempt exciting matchmaking and develop prospects...
His main event is meant only to sell out the show and bring in money... This man has fine frank shamrock Cung Le, Frank Shamrock vs Nick Diaz. Henderson vs Fedor (still rediculous to think that was considered ok knowing what we do about brain damage from fighting hwts like ninja). The man would promote Herschel walker vs Kimbo if it got big enough. Phone Post 3.0

ShakaSway -
Nexuscrawlers - It's to introduce the lesser known but better fighters to the casual fans who may become more than just casual fans.

That was the direction WCW was going until they went overboard with the nWoverkill Phone Post 3.0
Well, this isn't pro wrestling so I think you can stop worrying. Phone Post 3.0

idk about wcw blueprint, but he is using the model he has to. if my parent company told me that they want RATINGS, i would do what he is doing(hypathetical of course). put up and comers and prospects on the undercard of a main event by two legends or big names. it doesnt always work but i feel like yesterday's bellator was an overall seccess for coker. im sure casuals who tuned in got to see chandler and straus kick some ass. then they got to see pitbull, who was on the brink of defeat, come back and sleep wichel.

even the presentation and production was legit. high quality and the ramp gives it a bigger event type of feel.. there was a solid crowd as well.. they were lively (except for the lashely fight) so it made it feel like bellator was a big time org.

thats exactly what they need.

Ya last nights event seemed perfect for spike. My friends and I were too curious to not watch the main event and ended up seeing a couple of the undercard fights as a result and they were great Phone Post 3.0

Pro wrestling isn't real guys Phone Post 3.0

WCW... As in getting bought out by a larger competitor? Phone Post 3.0