Is Daniel Cormier the greatest UFC Fighter/Commentator/Personality of all time

“To the pills!!”

2 Likes

They will never allow anyone to watch their shows without being forced to listen to the Anik
1000™ advertising robot they spent so much money on.

1 Like

I would sacrifice my own life if it meant fight fans never had to hear Anik again

Guy is such a creepy little weirdo with a fetish for gambling

3 Likes

Only ufc commentators I like are Rogan, DC, Bisping that Mike Goldberg clone and that hot blonde former fighter

It was cringey when he said he thinks Trump bets on the fights he shows up so much…
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

3 Likes

Yeah I wanted to puke when he said that

3 Likes

I would begrudgingly accept your sacrifice and enjoy UFC more in your honour.

5 Likes

Anik is a creepy sociopathic loser.

2 Likes

Oh yay. God of War shitty takes on the UG again. Weeeee

1 Like

Was he the greatest UFC fighter/commentator ever?
Strange question … who is even in that category? I guess you have to have done significant commentary.

Bisping, Cruz are probably the other 2 contenders? Am I missing anyone?

If we can count PRIDE in there I’d add Bas Rutten.

tollroad GIF by The Expendables 3

1 Like

You really must be retarded?

You seem perplexed, and the reason for this is probably because your value judgements are wrong - one’s list of personal/work/extracurricular accomplishments account for jack shit on their own if the general human being/character stuff is less accomplished. And I’m afraid, when it comes to the latter, whilst not being in the upper tier of the douchebag division of fighters, Daniel Cormier is still found wanting in many ways. He has this illusory superiority thing going on and it pervades all aspect of his works outsides of the cage - surprisingly though, not so much as a commentator - for instance, when he conducts his post-fight interviews, I am sick to death of him walking out of the cage and being half way back to his desk whilst he is STILL talking, closing the interview and addressing the audience whilst signing out with the winner’s name; this shows he is bored and had enough of the interview and displays utter contempt to the fighter and disrespect to the audience (both of whom he essentially turns his back on). Then there is the times he has declined the winner’s request to say one last comment and refused him the microphone. And then there are the gushing fighters (usually up-and-comers and women) after their fight, who say “DC…” this and “DC…” that, in attempts to show how much they idolise him (:woman_shrugging:t3:) and he is less than gracious at the best of times and not reciprocal. He has a habit of addressing younger [accomplished] fighters as son too; one notable disagreement was with Luis Peña I believe, but that avuncular role he had on Ultimate Fighter and interviewing in the cage, gives him that opportunity to be arrogant and superior in mind. There’s tonnes more to why he receives the hate you say but we’d be here all day…

By the way, Cormier is not as accomplished a fighter as you might think - he was hardly a prolific MMA fighter and of the handful of fights he had attained - at quite a ripe old age - he failed to win pushing 20% of them…and that was after fleeing the heavyweight division for a while, so as to avoid fighting the best heavyweight (his friend) around. Respect has to be given to him for competing at - and being largely, successful in - the heavyweight division whilst being at significant physical disadvantages to all his opponents.

Chael has a high pitched whiney voice. Can’t stand it.

He has a hard time pronouncing simple words like round and down and does nothing to improve. Then there is all the wierd neck grabbing he dies for interviews right before he bolts while still talking.

I don’t like the guy, but the production truck is yelling in his ear to cut off the interviews. The PPV would be 12 hours long if the fighters talked as long as they wanted.

1 Like

Feltcher is telling Hardy how bad a commentator DC is

1 Like

Hardy was v good

1 Like

0 and 3 is not an epic rivalry. Yeah, I realize it’s technically 0 and 2 with one NC, but it’s still not a rivalry.