Is it OK to make up your own nickname?

Recently, a certain fighter has decided he doesnt like his nickname , and has made up a new one for himself. IS this ok? I say no, if people got to make up their nicknames, it takes all the fun out of it and goes against the whole point.

What say you UG?

GGHHHHEEEYYYYY!!!! Perhaps the only reason that I don't support "Creepy" as well!

Are you reffering to Rory MacDonald maybe?

Fillthy - need to know previous and proposed nicknames to make a judgment call.

Think, who announced today that he has a new nickname

I made up mine when I signed up here.

Diego "the dream" Sanchez? He didn't get much heat about it, but Tito.....is getting killed for it. Not a big deal if you ask me, it's just a nickname. Phone Post

Ben Rothwell made up his own during IFL days "NORTHSTAR" until he found out it was based on a game comic book hero then he went back to "BIG BEN" haha

Going from the "nightmare" to "the dream" sorta makes sense though. Diego is trying to change his lifestyle.

As is Tito, he's all about the positive, ya heard?!?!? Phone Post

You live in the OC, go up to him and tell him you disapprove of his nickname change......... Phone Post

sockeye - You live in the OC, go up to him and tell him you disapprove of his nickname change......... Phone Post

oh trust me, he knows. haha

sakurabas ear - As is Tito, he's all about the positive, ya heard?!?!?

George Castanza tried to name himself "T-bone"... It didn't stick. I'm guessing "The Peoples Champion" won't stick either. Phone Post

darkness66 - George Castanza tried to name himself "T-bone"... It didn't stick. I'm guessing "The Peoples Champion" won't stick either. Phone Post

I beg to differ, people love a comeback story. Tito was easily one of the coolest, nicest, just plain awesome fighters I've met, next to Cole miller and Ryan bader, those three dudes where awesome. Don't go brandishing a shitty smile with tito's name in your mouth. Come at me bro!!! Phone Post

*fuck. Were dammit!!! Phone Post

lol

Pretty sure 90%+ non-brazilian mma fighters made up their own nicknames

Hmm, depends on the fighter.  Tito can do no wrong in my eyes because simply put, I love him.  Of course, it's a lot cooler if someone (or fans) give you one.  Also helps to have a really cool "this is how I got the name" story (ficttitious or not)...;)

you can call me T-Bone

I chose my own nickname. Only because every fucking body wanted to call me some variation of "terminader" since my last name is Nader. Phone Post