Is McGregor the worst coach in TUF history?

Next episode is probably his best chance, number 1 seed Vs number 4. But possible haha

Worst coach is still Rampage.

rampage_stare

10 Likes
5 Likes

Yall be forgetting that these are people who made it to the ufc already vs people who havent. Michael chandler isnt necessarily a better coach but he did make the right picks.

1 Like

thats his boy that fights next week. no wonder he looses his shit when he gets subbed late after winning both rounds :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, that result already got leaked lol

1 Like

There have been close calls.

Rampage Jackson only had one of his fighters win in the opening round of Season 10, while Rashad Evans had seven of his fighters win that season.

Season 20, Gilbert Melendez only had Thug Rose make it past the opening round. While Anthony Pettis coached seven of his women to victory.

Season 4 didn’t have coaches, since all the fighters were vets, and teams were picked at random, well one of the teams went 7-1 in the first round as well.

This season and season 20 had seeded fights and the coaches didn’t really get a say on who fights who, so I’d give Melendez and McGregor a pass.

Rampage was a fuckin moron coach, he should forever be known as the worst coach in TUF history. He picked Kimbo Slice first, ahead of guys like Roy Nelson, Matt Motrione, Brenden Schaub, and Justin Wren. He had no idea what he was doing in there.

11 Likes

By the way, this past weeks results got leaked a week early as well, they aired episode 5 and 6’s previews back to back after the last Fight Night card, which made this past weeks results obvious.

2 Likes

This is what it is turning out to be, the only error was Mc having second pick and went with Prospects again. I don’t believe this is on him as a coach. He did the same style when he was in his UFC prime vs Faber. Sparred with them and cornered in the audience wearing suits letting his team handle the front lines.

Really it was a bad decision by design, being forced to stick with Vets and Prospects as a whole team rather then single picks…

1 Like

Someone said something bad about Conor.

This is like the bat signal for Superfan Erik Apple :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Batsignal GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

I legit thought you were @ConorWinsTheRematch or @Thaiguy .

1 Like

My wife and I have thought the same. It’s UFC vets vs prospects but the vets are all well rounded, experienced, and just better. It’s not like they are pushing 40 either. None of the younger guys have had a special skill set like freakish KO power or flying arm bars.

2 Likes

This is true.

But Chandler is obviously far and away the better coach.

We havent seen much coaching from either guy except conor trying to be positive on the sideline not as a coach. Im still waiting for a guy to fishhook like michael chandler does though.

2 Likes

was suprised to see him rooting so hard against his home teamate

3 Likes

You think so? I think Chandler has been a very solid coach.

3 Likes

Not at all. They put green prospects against vets who have wins in the UFC.

Wtf did people think would happen?

1 Like

I give it a 3.

Not sure if this has already been said, but McGregor has all the signs of either a tweaker, someone who uses blow far more than just recreationally, or someone taking 4x their dosage of Adderall. I’ve never in my life seen someone looking like this get clean w/o “hitting rock bottom”. That’s not faggy 12-step talk, I just mean it’ll either be because he kills/cripples someone while on drugs, or he ends up having to do time.

4 Likes

Don’t let Dana catch him dressing like a woman, He’s dying to call Conor a cokehead.

1 Like