Is MMA and Boxing the only sports where you can..

repeatedly break the rules without consequence? I don't follow other sports much.

I bring this up because of the Meathead-Browne fight where Browne attempted to intentionally permanently blind his opponent repeatedly. It was fucking disgusting.

Alvarez repeatedly grabbing the fence in round 3 was pretty bad too.

WWE has its share of rules breakers. Refs are fucking blind sometimes.

Lie, cheat, steal. Life of a heel. Phone Post 3.0

Eddy Payeur - Alvarez repeatedly grabbing the fence in round 3 was pretty bad too.

Hell yeah

Before the poke Matt was dominating and dropped him

Stern - repeatedly break the rules without consequence? I don't follow other sports much.

I bring this up because of the Meathead-Browne fight where Browne attempted to intentionally permanently blind his opponent repeatedly. It was fucking disgusting.
Boxing?

Boxing refs actually deduct points. Yes, some are a bit slow about it but they will penalize a fighter. Phone Post 3.0

It's a pretty silly aspect of the sport. No other sports give warnings only after the first couple infractions.

These guys already know the rules well before the fight and are told again by the ref the night of the fight. But come fight time it's always a warning first. Then even the second time quite often. Only by the third infraction are you guaranteed to get a point taken. So everyone pretty much gets at least one free nut shot/fence grab/eye poke/whatever before they know they'll get penalized. It's pretty stupid. Phone Post 3.0

I remember going to a points / kickboxing seminar when I was younger. Part of the training was taken by a well known coach from the North West of England (only well known on the british circuits) . He very clearly told us that we would have three warnings to "work with". He was showing us great ways to get intentional elbows and forearms into the mix, setting up or simply using blatent groin kicks.

"You will only get a warning, they will get hurt and intimidated".

You're within the rules as long as you break on the five count. Phone Post 3.0

"Don't grab the fence; I'm not gonna tell you again!

Don't grab the fence; I'm not gonna tell you again!" Phone Post 3.0

Stern - repeatedly break the rules without consequence? I don't follow other sports much.

I will give you, MMA has a long standing culture of cheating and unfair play, but it's pretty much par for the course. All professional sports have winning and losing as potential outcomes, thus people cheat.

The NFL has a franchise who has been busted twice for very embarrassing incidents of cheating. Their fans response hasn't been of shame or remorse, rather to point out others cheat too.

Baseball famously went through congregational hearings based on the wide spread PED epidemic where virtually everyone was cheating and ultimately it ended in great loss to the game of its respect and integrity.

Cycling is another, littered with cheaters.

So certainly there are cheaters from all sorts of sports, and wide spread cheating at tht.

I'm not sure you can point to fouls out in the open, as cheating though. For example, if there is a break away in the NBA, typically the last man will foul the man with the ball and award be penalized for his foul. I'ts perfectly acceptable and pretty much standard play. In NFL, a receiver who has broken away, many times will be interfered with in order to break up a potential score. The outcome will be a penalty for the foul. And the same applies in MMA. You're not cheating if you grab the fence, pull the shorts, poke the eye, etc., although you have committed a foul. It's then up to the ref to discipline you for committing the foul.

Cheating would be using a PED for example. A foul is not cheating.

I watched a hoxkey game the other day....guy is skating watching the play happen while an opponent cross checks him in the back and shoulders like 4 times only to get called for a penalty on like the 5th on. Shit happens in all sports to varrying degrees. Eye pokes and fence grabs needs to be taken more seriously though for sure. Phone Post 3.0

Hikikomori - 
Stern - repeatedly break the rules without consequence? I don't follow other sports much.

Boxing?

Boxing refs actually deduct points. Yes, some are a bit slow about it but they will penalize a fighter. Phone Post 3.0

It depends on where you're at

Kings21 - I watched a hoxkey game the other day....guy is skating watching the play happen while an opponent cross checks him in the back and shoulders like 4 times only to get called for a penalty on like the 5th on. Shit happens in all sports to varrying degrees. Eye pokes and fence grabs needs to be taken more seriously though for sure. Phone Post 3.0

It might be time to examine a different glove design, where the fingers to the eyes are less likely. Jon JOnes walks in with his fingers extended and places them on the person's head, often leading to eye pokes. The penalty should probably be more severe than it currently is, in the event it does happen.

Was at UFC Boston for meathead vs Browne, everyone boo'd the fuck out of Travis Phone Post 3.0

The issue I had was travis wouldnt be doing much at all until an eye poke and then he would charge and all of a sudden be all aggressive. I dont think it is fighter bashing to say that was a scumbag move, especially to do to our very own meathead. Phone Post 3.0

Are* Phone Post 3.0

I see James Harden draw bullshit fouls constantly as a Rockets fan. Phone Post 3.0

It's because of the fucked up points system.
The ref knows that a single point deduction can and likely will alter the entire outcome of a 3 round fight so they have to be sooo careful with doing it and aren't going to go that route unless they absolutely have to. Phone Post 3.0