Is more weight classes the key to less saturation

Having more weight classes means better matched fights and overall more title holders as Tim Kennedy and rogan pointed out the gap between middleweight and lightheavy is 20lbs! Which is a huge gap! Phone Post 3.0

We have enough, unless they want to sacrifice the women's division then id be fine with that Phone Post 3.0

It's the direct opposite.

125 was probably one too many if anything. Casual fans don't enjoy seeing 125lb men fight.

Chris Power - It's the direct opposite.
Where do you think weight classes should be then (genuine not sarcastic) Phone Post 3.0

The fugging 125 champ did decent against the 135 champ, the former wec 145 champ cant win the 135 belt, the former 155 champs are going to 145 now, etc. It's all interchangeable, all of the weight classes are overkill really.

Here's the number of fighters at each weight class:

125- 29
135- 46
145- 64
155- 88
170- 91
185- 61
205- 32
265- 34

Most fighters are in the 155-170 range. So why not add a weight class there? We could have:

125- 29
135- 46
145- 64
155- ~60
165- ~60
175- ~60
190- 61
205- 32
265- 34

As you can see, an extra weight class in the middle would not dilute the talent. They would still have about the same number of fighters or more as the other weight classes.

suspiciouslyofficial - Sick of new weight classes. Phone Post 3.0

This.

145 to HW - That's all you need.

Scrap the women fighting and the guys under 145.

More weight classes would spread the talent thinner among the extra divisions. So there would be less options when matchmaking. IMO they should get rid of one division. There's no need for 3 divisions from 125 to 145. I would merge them into 2. Phone Post 3.0

Oak the Toke - More weight classes would spread the talent thinner among the extra divisions. So there would be less options when matchmaking. IMO they should get rid of one division. There's no need for 3 divisions from 125 to 145. I would merge them into 2. Phone Post 3.0
My thoughts exactly. Merge 135 & 145 into 140. Take the cap off HW while you're at it. If a new class is needed to do that, make it a cruiser weight from about 200-220. Phone Post 3.0

Oak the Toke - More weight classes would spread the talent thinner among the extra divisions. So there would be less options when matchmaking. IMO they should get rid of one division. There's no need for 3 divisions from 125 to 145. I would merge them into 2. Phone Post 3.0

I never understood this kind of reasoning. Fighters just have more options to move up/down. It's not like they're running out of matchmaking options anytime soon.

In fact WW and LW are a cluster-fuck of talented guys that will probably never have the opportunity to fight each other before they retire unless they were competing for a title in a separate division.

Tilla -
suspiciouslyofficial - Sick of new weight classes. Phone Post 3.0

This.

145 to HW - That's all you need.

Scrap the women fighting and the guys under 145.

I understand that opinion, but guys like Dodson and Mighty Mouse are way too small to be fighting at 145. There needs to be a fair platform for smaller weight classes. Phone Post 3.0