Is this ok time for Hendo to drop back down to MW?

And please do your research on Hendo’s health going into the Shields fight for Christ’s sake.

Dan's road back to the LHW title shot is unclear right now. After winning the fight of the year against #2 LHW Shogun (and finishing top #10 HW Fedor, #9 LHW Feijao, and Babalu) The Dana publicly informed that Hendo would be able to fight for the LHW OR MW title. Dan was given the LHW title shot until his knee injury sidelined him and now he seems to be penalized by continuing to have to fight top 5 guys to work his way back in. Hell, for all we know if he gets past Lyoto, he might have to fight Gustafsson if he loses to JBJ.

Dan’s knee has not been 100% cleared to fight Machida yet AND the A. Silva/GSP fight is not going to happen anytime soon. This frees A. Silva back up with no clear #1 contender, especially with a recognizable name. Therefore, I think Dan could bypass the Lyoto fight, especially if the knee is still suspect, and inform Dana he’ll take him up on the 185 lb title shot. Of course he would be a big underdog, but I think he’d have a better chance at defeating A. Silva than JBJ even though he is a better fighter at 205. Just to stick it to The Dana he should tell him beforehand he plans on staying at 185 for good and then if he wins the belt, immediately go back to LHW, since that is his preferred weight class and he hates cutting to 185 for anyone not named The Spider. Payback.

Dont think Dan is interested in cutting to 185 anymore.

/\/\/\ He said he would only do it for a titla shot vs. The Spider. This would be that circumstance.

I'd love to see this rematch, not at 185 however.At this point in Hendos career he has been tearing it up since fighting at a higher weight. Phone Post

XcessiveZ - I'd love to see this rematch, not at 185 however.At this point in Hendos career he has been tearing it up since fighting at a higher weight. Phone Post

Agreed. Dan at 205 is on a roll. We need someone like Dan to fight Jon. And quite frankly I think Jon need a Dan to fight. Either to learn from the experience of defeat. Or to grow from thumping yet another legend. Phone Post

/\/\/\ "Everyone including Dana agrees hes due a title shot. Whats the point?"

Uh....the point is Dana took his title shot away and gave it to the oh-so-deserving Chael Sonnen and is making Dan now fight at least one, if not more, extremely difficult opponents before maybe getting his LHW shot again. If Dana agrees then why is he not having the true #1 contender (Hendo) fight JBJ and instead someone completely unproven and unranked at LHW?

My thought was it might actually be slightly less difficult for the legend to obtain the MW belt than the LHW belt at this point given everything that is going on.

"Dan at 205 is on a roll."

Is he? He beat Babalu who is a complete non-factor at LHW; Feijao who is a prospect but whose only significant win is King Mo; and he eked out a decision over Shogun in a fight where he got utterly dominated the last two rounds.

Thingading - /\/\/\ He said he would only do it for a titla shot vs. The Spider. This would be that circumstance.

So an immediate title shot at 185 without a tune up fight? Makes great sense as the reason he cited for his first loss to AS was a bad weight cut. But hey, after several years at LHW, that should come easier.

While he's most certainly more deserving at MW than Chael is at LHW, this shit about switching weight classes and getting a title shot is annoying (i.e. Chael, Edgar, etc.). Phone Post

superCalo -

I think so, as folk get older they lose muscle tone, so his muscular mass will decrease with age, consequently he will get smaller so it will be a natural adjustment to fall to mW.

I'll bite ... This applies to everyone not on TRT. Phone Post

Despite what Dan said about willin to cut weight for title, I don't think he would. Couture, penn, Hendo, and even Anderson prefer the cutting less weight with age Phone Post

orcus - 

"Dan at 205 is on a roll."

Is he? He beat Babalu who is a complete non-factor at LHW; Feijao who is a prospect but whose only significant win is King Mo; and he eked out a decision over Shogun in a fight where he got utterly dominated the last two rounds.

Guy that never saw fights talks again. Listen to O

Dan admitted that he was always much weaker at 185 finally. His claim at MW to fame was the win against Busta, and that fight was soooo close (like so many of Dan's fights), real fans had to accept any result at all in the fight (the second fight not the KO of course). He did beat Palhares and Bisping too. He's not bad at 185 clearly but he's too old to cut IMO and was always better at LHW even per Dan.

With weight on I think he's 5-1 even Vs HW's (fighting as a LHW). He has two belts at LHW and is 2-1 VS the HW GOATS there.

O also neglects to mention the Fedor win (yes at 207 as Hendo "drank a ton of water" to make weight) with weight on. Feijao will show he's a damn beast.

LMFAO at "dominated" in round 4 VS Shogun as Hendo got a crucifix a mount and a TD in the round controlling over 3:30 of the round.

Another clear troll post he knows all this.

Hendo's last loss at LHW is Page which was a close fight years ago.

i think sometimes orcus confuses his ability to argue well against someone special like goku with actual intellect.

he doesn't do so well against someone like lazer who actually knows the sport and isn't completely biased

lol immediately regret postng that. sorry 4 bing a bitch guys!

dummythrust - i think sometimes orcus confuses his ability to argue well against someone special like goku with actual intellect.

he doesn't do so well against someone like lazer who actually knows the sport and isn't completely biased

I am a BIG fan of Hendo. I have defended many fighters on this forum though too.

Obviously Anderson does have a clear-cut #1 contender in Weidman - but Weidman's not a big draw.

At this point Anderson only wants big fights so a match with Henderson might make sense (I'm not sure how big a draw Henderson is but he must be bigger than Weidman). No need for either to cut to 185 though - just have the fight at 205. Winner takes on Jon Jones.