Is this reaping the leg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XoP1DY3NUg

Sorry, I don't have a blue name just looking for some feedback.

i don't know the exact wording of the rules but i was always under the impression that if the foot crosses an imaginary line splitting the top of your thigh then it's reaping. so yes it is even though it really wouldn't have changed the outcome of that match.

Ha! That's my training partner and the guy that originally got me in BJJ.

No, it's not reaping. In order to be reaping the foot must cross the center line, no attempt made my the reaping athlete to immediately remove the foot (this is enforced to avoid accidental slips leading to unfair DQs), nor can the other guy be holding the leg there.

Mark places his foot very carefully on the hip. I am an IBJJF ref and I make sure my training partners know what's up on the rules. Jason's own movement (not a defense, he's really just accepting being caught) is what causes Mark's foot to slip slightly over the center line. Mark is allotted the chance to immediately remove his foot under normal circumstances, but as Jason tapped before this could be carried out, it's just a regular finish. 

fuck you type faster than me
but exactly as I thought.
You would have DQ'd him though :)

suburban techniques - fuck you type faster than me
but exactly as I thought.
You would have DQ'd him though :)

No, I wouldn't have. I understand the rules.

zunk1 - i don't know the exact wording of the rules but i was always under the impression that if the foot crosses an imaginary line splitting the top of your thigh then it's reaping. so yes it is even though it really wouldn't have changed the outcome of that match.

The guy correctly applying a leg lock got DQed.

I emailed the ref, hopefully this won't happen again. We all make mistakes, though.

Very proud of Mark's composure through that.

Mark is a true pro.