Islam Makhachev vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

I know what everyone is going to say, friends don’t fight friends. I have to disagree here, the sport and the competition is what drives MMA forward, not friends.

If Islam beats Charles Oliveira in the next fight PPV, people will start mentioning Islam Makhachev vs Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Khabib has proven he’s the better fighter in the cage. However he has lost a lot of the momentum that made him great. Islam kept of fighting and has not stopped. These two are close, best friends of sorts. In a battle between champion Islam Makhachev and challenger Khabib Nurmagomedov who would you favor?

Obviously khabib in his prime but Islam today

Why obviously?

Isn’t Islam touted as Khabib but with better striking?

Khabib is his trainer and mentor. I would assume he knows more and would edge him out. Plus isn’t he a little bigger and stronger? He always struggled to make 155 I don’t think Islam struggles to make it

Funny thing is both Khabib and Islam are listed as 5’10" which is total bolsheet, considering in any image you can find of the two of them side-by-side, Islam is clearly taller.

ik1

2 Likes

That’s crazy

Khabib is retired. Nothing is bringing him back. Let it go. If Islam beats Oliviera he has an entire top 10 to fight and young killers like Fizeiv, Gamrot, Tsarukyan.

This is actually not true.

According to the team Islam can’t go with Khabib at all anymore because he has too much of a size advantage.

[​IMG]

Islam did the best against him though according to his coach

Tbf they are Dage’s & probably have no idea how to measure or use numbers at all.

they arent ever fighting