Islam, when asked about P4P rank, brings up a good point regarding JBJ

3 Likes

3 Likes

I mean, I have JBJ as No. 1 myself. But Islam brings up a good point. Funny how gets back at No. 1 after beating Gane

Also, he’s not really fighting up a weight class. He spent 4 years with world class trainers to balloon up to a bloated 250s lbs

2 Likes

It doesn’t make a good point at all. Sure, his most recent fight was not against the heavyweight champion, but P4P is a subjective ranking and I believe your fight history and career matters.

It’s not like Islam has gone up in weight class and beat anyone. He won his title and then choose a smaller, lighter fighter for his first defense and believes he should be No. 1 p4p ?

17 Likes

Islams last two wins are better than JBJ’s last two wins

But like I said I do in fact have JBJ as no. 1

1 Like

Tough to be p4p #1 when you got beat up by a guy from the weight class 10 lbs lighter than yourself and you looked like you were holding on for your life by the time the bell rang like you were locked in the cage with a Lion lol

13 Likes

What is the discussion about? Body of work? Bones smashes everyone when comparing total bodies of work in a career.

Islam hasn’t done anything yet. He’s a champion with one defense.

P4P Jon went up a Division and won a title.

7 Likes

And that one defense was an arguable loss to the guy from the weight class below…

I don’t like Jon’s inactivity like most but his Resume is just so much better than the rest right now so he has the claim to the top spot over Islam

3 Likes

Volk is #1 p4p

2 Likes

He beat a bigger guy though. Islam looked downward for his p4p shit.

For me it’s

JBJ
Islam
Volk

Then who gives a shit after that

1 Like

Islam 1 2 4

1 Like

Jon for the resume
Volk for the recent performances

There’s an argument for both and I think based on Skills it’s Volk but based on accomplishment it’s Jon… Islam’s accomplishments just pale in comparison to Jon and we saw how his Skills stacked up against a guy from a weight class 10 lbs below his

1 Like

Volk came up in weight and had a very close fight with the bigger man. Islam edged out a very tight fight.

Islam was the bigger man, Volk moves above him p4p for that reason

1 Like

Jones dominated a heavyweight fighter and Islam was gifted a decision against a smaller opponent. Gee wonder who will be higher

3 Likes

4 years of lifting only to end up looking fat

1 Like

Jones got his spot back by taking a fight and being active not by beating anyone. He was always number 1 he was just on a break from fighting.

5 Likes

this