Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa presser face off

Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Lol Adesanya standing one foot behind his back, showing he is already looking to run all day in this fight like he did vs Romero. Don't run away Israel! 

I don’t recall him running away from Romero. Seemed like Romero didn’t want to engage first, and Adesanya learned quickly if he did Romero would throw bombs and counter. If Costa fights like he typically does, I don’t think Adesanya will run, but instead will likely counter and pick his shots. At least I hope, else fight will be horrible.

I disagree I think he equally did not engage Romero. He also shares the blame for that waste of a fight. As soon as he comes in he eats a big left and did not engage for the next 4 rounds. Boring champion. Romero knows his game is to use his length and run. Why should he expose himself to danger like that? Everytime Romero moved forward Runnersanya backs away more and more. He fought scared. Now compare Costas fight with Romero. That’s why Costa is the fan favourite in this fight. He is getting all the attention and Israel hates it.

Anderson had his fair share of boring fights as well. Maia, lietes, cote all come to mind as being horrible. I dont remember people calling anderson scared like they are izzy. often times two counter strikers lead to boring fights. 

Aggressive costa plays to israel’s strengths imo. I think costa gets caught coming in wild and tko’d in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Fair enough. My prediction is this goes to a decision and Costa gets robbed via judges split decision. 

I like your specificity of vision. 

I dont believe Runnersanya can finish Costa. Costa is very durable and Runnersanya will fight same way vs Romero, on his bicycle. Costa also will not be able to implement his game plan effectively when his opponent has good footwork to survive and not engaging.

I believe Costa will look good but not enough in judges eyes to take the decision vs a champion. Fans will not like the decision because they will see that the aggressor during the whole fight is Costa. Runnersanya survives and tagging Costa here and there, nothing major, but surviving the rounds backing away not taking big damage. He will get tagged by Costa intermittently between rounds moving forward. Yet the judges at the end of the day will give the decision to the champion. Think Jon Jones vs Reyes.

sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Lol Adesanya standing one foot behind his back, showing he is already looking to run all day in this fight like he did vs Romero. Don't run away Israel! 

I don’t recall him running away from Romero. Seemed like Romero didn’t want to engage first, and Adesanya learned quickly if he did Romero would throw bombs and counter. If Costa fights like he typically does, I don’t think Adesanya will run, but instead will likely counter and pick his shots. At least I hope, else fight will be horrible.

I disagree I think he equally did not engage Romero. He also shares the blame for that waste of a fight. As soon as he comes in he eats a big left and did not engage for the next 4 rounds. Boring champion. Romero knows his game is to use his length and run. Why should he expose himself to danger like that? Everytime Romero moved forward Runnersanya backs away more and more. He fought scared. Now compare Costas fight with Romero. That’s why Costa is the fan favourite in this fight. He is getting all the attention and Israel hates it.

It’s debatable; that I will not disagree with. I also agree both are to blame.

I don’t think it makes sense to blame Adesanya for changing his strategy after eating a big left, though. Adjusting your gameplan after eating a big shot because you realize you are playing into your opponent’s gameplan is a sign of a great fighter. It’s hard to knock that.

And yes, Costa fought Romero like he fights everyone. Did you really expect Adesanya to slug it out with Romero like that, though? That’s not his [edit] s t y l e.

Bottom line for me is Romero fought less like his typical self than Adesanya in that fight, which make me lean more towards him as far as blame.

Agreed. What’s your prediction on this fight?

If Costa fights like he typically does, I see Adesanya running a striking clinic on him and stopping him in either the first or early in the second.

I really hope Costa’s team has something unique in mind as far as strategy, else I just don’t see Adesanya allowing Costa to back him up to the cage and tee off on him. He will use footwork and counter with accuracy. I want Costa to win, but it’s hard for me to see a path for that given what we have seen of Costa so far.

Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

I don’t think it makes sense to blame Adesanya for changing his strategy after eating a big left, though. Adjusting your gameplan after eating a big shot because you realize you are playing into your opponent’s gameplan is a sign of a great fighter. It’s hard to knock that.

And yes, Costa fought Romero like he fights everyone. Did you really expect Adesanya to slug it out with Romero like that, though? That’s not his [edit] s t y l e.

Bottom line for me is Romero fought less like his typical self than Adesanya in that fight, which make me lean more towards him as far as blame.

If Costa fights like he typically does, I see Adesanya running a striking clinic on him and stopping him in either the first or early in the second.

I really hope Costa’s team has something unique in mind as far as strategy, else I just don’t see Adesanya allowing Costa to back him up to the cage and tee off on him. He will use footwork and counter with accuracy. I want Costa to win, but it’s hard for me to see a path for that given what we have seen of Costa so far.

When was the last time Adesanya knocked out someone backing away? Against a durable Costa it would absolutely not happen. Costa has a chin and took Romeros best shots in the pocket. You do agree that Adesanya will fight backwards counter striking. This leads to a decision.

sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

When was the last time Adesanya knocked out someone backing away? Against a durable Costa it would absolutely not happen. Costa has a chin and took Romeros best shots in the pocket. You do agree that Adesanya will fight backwards counter striking. This leads to a decision.

Why do you assume he will be backing away/fighting backwards?

I think Adesanya will likely use lateral movement and throw counters. The more pressure Costa brings, the more likely a counter can hurt him. That’s just physics.

Another thing to note is Costa has only been to the 3rd round once in his pro-career. I’m very curious if he will not pressure as much as usual, which might things interesting.

Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Why do you assume he will be backing away/fighting backwards?

I think Adesanya will likely use lateral movement and throw counters. The more pressure Costa brings, the more likely a counter can hurt him. That’s just physics.

Another thing to note is Costa has only been to the 3rd round once in his pro-career. I’m very curious if he will not pressure as much as usual, which might things interesting.

I’m very confident in Costas cardio more so than the Romero fight. If you check out his YouTube channel they have been working very hard for the championship rounds. They are certainly anticipating it since Runnersanya likes to move so much… backing away yes. 

Lateral movement he uses only when getting comfortable vs an opponent he can bully. He cannot bully Costa, strength wise so he will be looking to run around in circles backing away like Romero fight. 

Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

Costa hasn’t slept anyone in the UFC, but you think he will KO Adesanya?

How do you see that happening? I want Costa to win, I’m just struggling with seeing his path to victory. Costa likes to back opponents up to the cage and overwhelm them, and I just can’t imagine Adesanya letting that happen. Further, Costa hasn’t shown 1 punch KO power in the UFC, so…

He’s a finisher. You’re playing semantics with your “slept” comment.

1 Like
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -

Israel gets slept.

SN bet, 30 days. I got Israel. The number 13 jinx is real. 

So is the video game cover ;) 

sureshock -

been posting here since 2004 and sounds like you have never a thrown a punch in your life

1 Like
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -

Israel gets slept.

SN bet, 30 days. I got Israel. The number 13 jinx is real. 

You made SN bet for the Woodley Colby fight that you have yet to Honor because you lost. You completely ghosted the dude.

1 Like

![](upload://n8DErahEuFoESmhN2fxMT40cIO0.jpeg)

lordleone -

![](upload://n8DErahEuFoESmhN2fxMT40cIO0.jpeg)

You must be trolling, right? Scrapdo took that SN bet after the fight...

Floppy Divac - 
Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

How do you see that happening? I want Costa to win, I’m just struggling with seeing his path to victory. Costa likes to back opponents up to the cage and overwhelm them, and I just can’t imagine Adesanya letting that happen. Further, Costa hasn’t shown 1 punch KO power in the UFC, so…

I don’t argue he’s not a finisher. I’m a Costa fan and want to see him win.

Slept means KO’d and Costa hasn’t KO’d anyone in the UFC. Words matter. If people think Costa is going to 1 punch KO Adesanya it just doesn’t seem likely given what we have seen so far from him.

1 Like
Ministry of Truth -
Floppy Divac - 
Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

Slept means KO’d and Costa hasn’t KO’d anyone in the UFC. Words matter. If people think Costa is going to 1 punch KO Adesanya it just doesn’t seem likely given what we have seen so far from him.

Voted up. Debating on a forum is healthy. Thats the reason why we are fans and are on this forum. Thank you for a respectable debate. All you newcomers should learn. 

I honestly don’t get the hate for defensive striking? Maybe I’m biased because I myself fight on the outside and counter but I see it as an extremely effective strategy for particular fighters. If they’re out striking their opponent and shutting down their game that’s the perfect strategy. It reminds me of people complaining about the ground game saying it’s boring because there’s not enough action. Idk about you guys but I’d rather be an undefeated champion that people consider boring than an exciting fight that goes 1-1 their whole career. Don’t get me wrong I love guys like cowboy but I’d rather be Izzy’s or Usman’s shoes.

Ministry of Truth -
Floppy Divac - 
Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

What if he knocks him down and then KO’s with follow up gnp? Would that be slept? It’d be more than 1 shot. 

Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Anderson had his fair share of boring fights as well. Maia, lietes, cote all come to mind as being horrible. I dont remember people calling anderson scared like they are izzy. often times two counter strikers lead to boring fights. 

Aggressive costa plays to israel’s strengths imo. I think costa gets caught coming in wild and tko’d in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Dont even compare robotic runnersanya to matrix anderson silva, runnersanaya is nothing like silva, he acts as he is but he is not

sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Pretty quick to forget the Whittaker fight eh?

Tight Butthole - 
Ministry of Truth -
Floppy Divac - 
Ministry of Truth -
Dead President - 

Israel gets slept.

What if he knocks him down and then KO’s with follow up gnp? Would that be slept? It’d be more than 1 shot. 

If it’s a clean KO from anywhere, that’s getting slept in my book.

Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Boom.

youngestgrandpa -
Connorwinztharematch -
sureshock -
Ministry of Truth -
sureshock - 

Dont even compare robotic runnersanya to matrix anderson silva, runnersanaya is nothing like silva, he acts as he is but he is not

Lol. 

Please go on…