It is a joke to say ONE is better than UFC in MMA

When you look at the top 100 rankings in all men’s divisions at fightmatrix you will notice ONE only has around 5% of the top ranked male fighters in the world and that might be generous.

Someone even tried to call Malykhin the best fighter on the planet because he beat Bhullar. Bhullar went 1-0 in ONE to get a title shot vs 44 year old Brandon Vera who never beat a top 50 ranked HW while in ONE. Bhullar is like 11-2 in MMA in almost a decade and has never been in there with a top 20 HW before yesterday.

To call Bhullar any sort of “world” HW champ was a marketing gimmick.

ONE barely has ten HW’s signed to the promotion.

Its cool if fans enjoy ONE for the mixed cards and they can pretend ONE is so great if they are really that mad about the way UFC does things but the math is the math.

ONE barely has any elite MMA talent, even compared to Bellator and fans love to bash Bellator which has a much larger MMA talent pool than ONE.

ONE does entertaining cards put lets not get delusional about their MMA roster because you don’t like Dana White.

8 Likes

One has better matchmaking

13 Likes

One has better cards overall

20 Likes

I don’t agree with that at all but I guess it is subjective. I enjoy men’s MMA and I enjoy the best vs the best a lot. Not too into no-gi or muay thai these days.

3 Likes

Im into it all. I like the stacked cards, the production value, and its super easy to just throw on Amazon or Youtube. I don’t need 9 different streaming platforms to follow one company

10 Likes

At this point in my life, I just want to see good fights and good match ups.

Best in the world is great, but if doesn’t lead to a good fight then why bother ?

7 Likes

If you want the UG to vote on the ten or twenty best MMA cards in a given year I guarantee very few of them will be ONE cards.

ONE’s MMA talent pool licks balls compared to even Bellator and PFL so the myth of ONE being so great for MMA needs to die.

Very few elite MMA fighters in ONE compared to Bellator, PFL and especially UFC.

Perhaps. But I think if you have someone watch ALL of the UFCs and ALL of the Ones, they’ll find more enjoyment in the ONE cards. The UFC throws some terrible cards our way. Atleast with One you know pretty much everycard will be a good time. Look at the UFC PPVs this year, all pretty much lackluster.

Edit: the July PPV looks awesome, but you have to spend $560 on just PPVs, nevermind fight pass, ESPN etc to get to a good card, and its only July. Its well over 1K/year

5 Likes

UFC produces tons of exciting fights and way, way, way more than ONE as they just have so much more talent under contract.

Pretending ONE MMA produces anything close to the quantity of exciting fights and good matchups as UFC is just a weird hipster thing.

Oh see I disagree with this completely. I find One has more exciting cards/fights top to bottom.

5 Likes

Or it’s just my experience as a long time MMA fan

3 Likes

ONE FC is fun and all but I’ll never be shitting my pants in excitement for a One card, or watching the press conference for it

The lead up to Islam v. Volk and the return of JBJ had me feeling like a high school kid again (2009-2012) where I was glued to my computer the days before to watch all the content possible and almost couldn’t even sleep the night before or focus at work on Saturday morning cause all I could think about was the ufc fights that night

3 Likes

Also I wouldn’t even put ONE as my no. 2

For me it goes

Ufc
Bellator
Pfl
ONE
RIZIN
BKFC

This is great, since you have NO idea what you’re watching it kinda proves our point! Thanks NDA. The real list is UFC/One, Bellator

2 Likes

Cost is a whole different issue. Whether its ONE, UFC, Bellator or the Bumfuck Purple Monkey Fight Circus if there is a fight I really want to see, I watch and have never been to concerned with the promotion vs promotion thing though I do have my favorites and favorite eras like most people.

1 Like

Shouldn’t cost be factored into it tho?

I like One but it feels like maybe a quarter of their fights are MMA rules these days.

3 Likes

Not when you are talking about exciting MMA talent pools.

ONE might do exciting mixed cards that are cheap for some fans but they have no MMA talent and don’t produce exciting MMA cards compared to the UFC and that is what a few people on the UG try to pretend, that ONE does more exciting MMA cards than the UFC and that is just not reality.

The people that go on about how good ONE’s MMA is can’t even list ten ONE fighters that could win a UFC title.

I THOUROUGHLY enjoy a BKFC card. Always entertaining homie!

6 Likes