It's too late to be suddenly scandalized

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

Chris -

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

The whole thing started when one of Khabib's team members in a blue jacket was walking up to the octagon and shoved Dillon Danis aside. Danis was like WTF? Right after Khabib sees Danis turn his attention on his teammate, he bolts and flies over the cage.

@0:11

Surprise to see the op pulling the Muslim victim card. 

The last time there was a ‘brawl’ in the cage Paul Daley got a lifetime ban from the ufc. This was one of the biggest fights ever in the ufc and all the headlines will read is how it is a barbaric sport promoting violence . If there isn’t serious punishment as a result of this it look like defence from the ufc.

Nothing to do with Dagestan or Islam. Sick of this pulling the victim card gtfo 

UFC looking like Russian politics right now.. it’s corrupt af! I hope all the fighters come up with a way to sue this company, or demand equality for all fighters for the unfair practices they have been exposed to as of late, and the clear cut discrimination and enforcement of rules for anybody not named McGregor. The double standard cannot exist in sport.. uneven application of rules cannot exist in sport. Conor cheated so many times on Saturday! Not a single warning or point was taken for MULTIPLE fence grabs, short grabs, glove grabs, just every dirty move in the book in front of an experienced referee who for WHATEVER reason chose not to enforce the most obvious of fouls. It’s corruption from the top. Investigation into the unfair practices is needed.. I’m tired of Dana sucking Conor’s dick in public everytime he has a camera in front of him. It’s explicit and obscene at this point. You want McGregor to fuck you in the ass, I get it.. get a room and have fun. In the cage though it should be a fair platform to all contestants and shouldn’t be based on what you look like. McGregor became the great white hope to sell and that’s the reason they market him so heavy, that’s discrimination in my book. The reason Aldo never got a rematch is because he’s a brown mf from Brazil who the UFC didn’t feel compelled to give a second chance at redemption, but the golden egg gets rematches that hold no merit. He has no leg to justify even having fought for the 155lb strap in the first place! Not even a single defense at 145lb, and he ducked everyone at 155lb for a year and a half. The only reason he’s Dana’s favorite son is because he’s a white guy who talks shit. If he wasn’t white he wouldn’t even have been CHOSEN to be this hype job he has become. They created him with marketing.. he didn’t rise off merit alone, it was more hyperbole than substance. Made his name fighting men who he was clearly bigger than. Against men his size his record is dismal. .500 fighter at best. He hasn’t had a single KO against a man his size aside from Eddie Alvarez. I’ll give him the one against a drained Porier, but he would never get that same result at 155lb. Especially not now that he’s out here looking like Bambi with a fragile beard line.. Porier grabs him by the whiskers and he’ll tap dance like a leprechaun who just found “me pot a gold”. 

Chris -

I agree with Chris.  Also a well-written article by Elias.  Nice work.

A year, 2 years no one will even remember this happened, There will be the next loudmouth idiot to take his place or if we're lucky maybe another badass fighter that's just so humble it makes everyone sick.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Dana staged all this bullshit, he probably likes it.

Chris -

When Conor jumped out of the cage and came straight at Aldo, same shit could have happened. Saturday was a direct consequence of not nipping the problem when your golden egg did it. Had they put rules in place against it at that time, it would have been clear cut consequences against that action. Instead they glamorized it by using it as promotional material and conditioning fighters to think it was ok. Khabib jumping out wasn’t the problem. He very likely would not even have hit Dillon, and it was Dillon who swung the first blow at Khabib. Aldo could have easily have had the same response to Conor’s antics when he did it. The only difference between what Conor did to Aldo and what Khabib did to Dillon is that Dillon decided to swing before seeing what Khabib was going to do.. 

This crap has been happening forever in boxing. People are being overly dramatic about this. Give him a big fine a few months suspension and get over it.

100% accurate assessment 

TheGrandConjuration -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

Disagree with pretty much the entire article, especially the last sentence and the comparison to Conor jumping the cage to get in Aldo’s face.

Khabib looked WAY worse than the UFC after the fight. 

And Khabib exiting the cage and criminally attacking people not involved in the fight is, at best, a silly comparison to Conor’s Aldo moment. 

Khabib should be stripped and fired. Sucks too, I would have loved to see if he could have put his trademark mauling on Ferguson. We may never find out...

what about the fact connor tried to jump out of the cage and threw the first sucker punch to a guy that wasnt even looking at him? Should that be punished??

Yes.

Dont confuse my call for Khabib’s punishment with absolution of Conor’s actions.

NFABeeJay -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

Disagree with pretty much the entire article, especially the last sentence and the comparison to Conor jumping the cage to get in Aldo’s face.

And Khabib exiting the cage and criminally attacking people not involved in the fight is, at best, a silly comparison to Conor’s Aldo moment. 

Khabib should be stripped and fired. Sucks too, I would have loved to see if he could have put his trademark mauling on Ferguson. We may never find out...

Don’t worry, they’re not gonna fire him.  You thinking that is simply stupid. 

Well, if they don’t, Ferguson vs Khabib is going to be an AMAZING fight.

p.s. You’re stupid. Dummy.

KnockoutThoughts - 
Chris -

When Conor jumped out of the cage and came straight at Aldo, same shit could have happened. Saturday was a direct consequence of not nipping the problem when your golden egg did it. Had they put rules in place against it at that time, it would have been clear cut consequences against that action. Instead they glamorized it by using it as promotional material and conditioning fighters to think it was ok. Khabib jumping out wasn’t the problem. He very likely would not even have hit Dillon, and it was Dillon who swung the first blow at Khabib. Aldo could have easily have had the same response to Conor’s antics when he did it. The only difference between what Conor did to Aldo and what Khabib did to Dillon is that Dillon decided to swing before seeing what Khabib was going to do.. 

I agree with this completely. As I said, the past is a problem. Conor not being penalized for his actions aside, on Saturday night Khabib incited a chaotic and extremely dangerous situation. Khabib is solely responsible for that in that moment and everything that happened after.

Dillon threw the first punch, but that was his right in my opinion. A trained killer jumped out of the cage in an extremely aggressive manner. He had every right to defend himself. Aldo did too, he choose not too.

Chris -

Thank you for injecting some logic into this conversation.

The people here are acting like if you’re calling for Khabib’s punishment (rightfully so, imo) that you’re a Conor fanboy who’s bitter about the fight.

Khabib put on an extraordinary performance, then did the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. It was criminal, literally. Action should be taken against him.

Great article

Conor jumped into the Bellator cage and assaulted ref Mark Goddard.

thats’s okay?

ChristopherMoltisanti -
NFABeeJay -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

Don’t worry, they’re not gonna fire him.  You thinking that is simply stupid. 

Well, if they don’t, Ferguson vs Khabib is going to be an AMAZING fight.

p.s. You’re stupid. Dummy.

Nuh uh, you are 

Chris -

Perhaps you could make the same argument that it started when McGregor and gang attacked the bus? 

Agree 100% with this article. The hypocrisy is infuriating. McGregor’s behaviour in and out of the cage has been deeply unpleasant for a long time now. But the UFC turn a blind eye on exchange for PPV sales. 

Ugh. Now I’m forced to agree with Elias? I wish someone I liked better had written that article. The Muslim stuff is not relevant, imo, but the rest is spot on. 

The stage was set long before. 

I’d also say Elias’ article doesn’t address how this incident affects the sports future relative to the fact UFC 229 was one of the largest and more mainstream events in UFC history.  It stands to reason there is significantly more pressure, from multiple levels, to take appropriate disciplinary action by all agencies involved.

The fact Conor received special treatment in the past can’t be changed.  But the UFC and NSAC can stop accepting and possibly even condoning these criminal incidents by taking appropriate action right now. Continuing down the same path is not a reasonable solution, even if enforcing the rules now is inconsistent with how they handled Conor in the past.