I've got an idea RE: Dana

Let's start ignoring whatever he says. He is a promoter, not a fighter. To us all he is all talk and that is all he will ever do. Practically everything he says in his public role is either redundant or utter bullshit, and behind closed doors (where he is a normal, good guy) he'd be the first to admit this. He's going to tweet and rant and attention-whore and UG Blog is going to push whatever he says. That doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it.

You still might ask why we should ignore him. Logically speaking, the less we participate in utter bullshit the more we can participate in things that matter. We'll have more talk about old fights, upcoming fights, fighting technique, ROMO threads, etc. The stuff that makes this place worth visiting and stuff that makes us actually like being MMA fans.

Is anyone really better off constantly reading and arguing bullshit? I doubt it, and you should too. So just think before clicking on trash threads, especially Dana or fighters talking bullshit. Click on the ones you'll actually enjoy instead

WTF is this shit you're proposing?

reread the first sentence, it summarizes everything

I ignore most of what everyone says. I just like to watch fights.

Well put sir.  Will do.

The funny thing is a lot off people are already doing this. I've been a huge supporter of Dana for years and loved his interviews, especially the scrums (would never miss them). Now all the bullshit makes his breath stink and I can't hang. I'll catch a scrum here and there and love the video blogs, but for the most part I can't handle the amount of bullshit/lies. I'm still waiting for the day where he bashes a fighter and they knock his ass out Phone Post 3.0

To clarify, my issue is not Dana as person but the direction his occupation has taken him. The once boy-who–cried-wolf-promoter now constantly attacks the very individuals who make us care at all about the UFC: the fighters. This same spite, bullshit, nonsense etc trickles down through the fighters and to us as fans. It's neither a healthy nor sustainable approach for an organization. Futhermore it adds no genuine value to our lives as fans.

Unfortunately for us, arguing it head on only adds to problem. Dana gets more attention, shitty threads and UG Blog get more and more clicks, and the whole worthless cycle perpetuates. The organizations primarily guiding The UG – UFC and mixedmartialarts.com – care far more about click-throughs than redeeming content. Kirik's arguments for the barrage of Dana White/Ronda Rousey threads blatantly state this.

So as fans, the only way to filter out crap is to intentionally ignore it. If you see, let it be, and embrace what actually is worth embracing. Clicking and arguing on "Dana White says ___________" threads only makes it worse.

Brian Rule - Let's start ignoring whatever he says. He is a promoter, not a fighter. To us all he is all talk and that is all he will ever do. Practically everything he says in his public role is either redundant or utter bullshit, and behind closed doors (where he is a normal, good guy) he'd be the first to admit this. He's going to tweet and rant and attention-whore and UG Blog is going to push whatever he says. That doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it.

You still might ask why we should ignore him. Logically speaking, the less we participate in utter bullshit the more we can participate in things that matter. We'll have more talk about old fights, upcoming fights, fighting technique, ROMO threads, etc. The stuff that makes this place worth visiting and stuff that makes us actually like being MMA fans.

Is anyone really better off constantly reading and arguing bullshit? I doubt it, and you should too. So just think before clicking on trash threads, especially Dana or fighters talking bullshit. Click on the ones you'll actually enjoy instead
STFU Phone Post 3.0

TTT - Excellent and smart post OP.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Brian Rule - reread the first sentence, it summarizes everything

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . Phone Post 3.0

Brian Rule - Let's start ignoring whatever he says. He is a promoter, not a fighter. To us all he is all talk and that is all he will ever do. Practically everything he says in his public role is either redundant or utter bullshit, and behind closed doors (where he is a normal, good guy) he'd be the first to admit this. He's going to tweet and rant and attention-whore and UG Blog is going to push whatever he says. That doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it.

Fuck you clown shoes. Phone Post 3.0

At least half of it is all the morans with press credentials asking him what he thinks about fights in post scrums.

Like who cares?

Who he thought won or lost fights?

Again. Who cares? Why is this news what his opinion of fights is?

There's basically only one reason - that is that BLAF is acting like Vince McMahon (except for the participating himself part) and if Daddy is pleased or has you in good graces (like Cerrone - "love that kid") then you'll get better contracts and fights.

^^^ This is certainly directed at the "MMA media" as well. Hats off to those who actually apply journalistic research and savvy to their jobs, not simply rehashing everything Dana says, or copy/pasting everything from Twitter.

Brian Rule - ^^^ This is certainly directed at the "MMA media" as well. Hats off to those who actually apply journalistic research and savvy to their jobs, not simply rehashing everything Dana says, or copy/pasting everything from Twitter.
Who would you say is a media member that's professional and addresses the issues? They all seem to be afraid of dana flipping out and cutting them off. Luke Thomas seems to be on top of things but his attitude puts people off. Ariel used to get the scoop and ask great questions. Then he bought into his own hype and the mma hour became pretty shitty. I think he was doing a great job until around UFC 135 where he started wearing straight up clown shoes with a suit to events. Phone Post 3.0