IWAN, Your Thoughts On......

"LOL at Mayorga showing ineffective aggression against Vernon Forrest. Against Spinks maybe, but against Forrest? Come on now."

lol. Running in throwing haymakers that hit nothing but glove and back just doesn't impress me much. IMO Vernon landed the cleaner shots. It's not a toughman contest.

"If a stone cold KO of someone is not effective aggression I don't know what is..."

I'm not talking about the first fight. The second fight is what's being debated. Try to keep up.

What do you mean "if you give the 2 points back"?

The guy broke the rules and he paid the price. Get over it fanboy. I love how you have to come up with all these "if's" to try to justify a decision going in Mayorga's favor.

Hey Rogie you have really done it now. You crossed the line. You talked shit about the Clemson Tigers. Nothing like kicking a man when he is down. LOL

I have never admitted to trolling Fightsport as I am not even a member there and to my knowledge no new members can even join. The only other forum I ever go on is doghouseboxing and Clemson is my name there as well but it has been a while.

BTW Jirov is from Kazahkstan and is a kazahkstani. Calling Jirov Russian is like saying George Bush is from Mexico. Wrong and uninformed. Go buy yourself a map.

Gator, this is getting comical. Mayorga was the freakin welterweight champion when he fought Spinks. He was NOT moving up in weight.

You have an excuse for everything this alleged rapist does gator, none of which are remotely legit. What's the excuse for his shitty performance vs the legendary Eric Mitchell?

Hey IWAN, what the hell happened to Clemson this year?

hater I wish I knew. I have seen most games in person and the biggest problem is up front on both sides of the ball. Our defensive linemen did not record a single sack until last week in the 6th game. We had 2 walk ons starting at offensive line although 1 has ben replaced by a true freshmen who has looked pretty good.

Charlie Whitehurst, who most pro scouts think is the top or close to the NFL QB's out there, has been running for his life and has thrown alot of int's and we have no running game at all. On top of that, our schedule has been brutal. At FSU, at Virginia and at Texas A&M are no cakewalks, particularly when you are weak up front. The debacle against Georgia Tech killed team morale as well. You cannot choke one away more than we did that night. Unfortunately, it gets no easier. We have Maryland and NC State in the next 2 games and also still at Miami and the rival game vs South Carolina who has played fairly well this season.

I think we will get better and be really good next year but we lost alot of players last year and have not had their replacements step up. What we have done is redshirt the bulk of our last 3 recruiting classes and have some top notch young skilled guys. The state of SC this year is a mecca of top high school talent and we seem to be doing well in that area so I am not as down on them as some are but it has certainly been trying times. Fortunately, Bowden got his new deal last year and there has been very little "fire the coach" stuff which IMO hurts the fun of Saturday gameday. Bowden's history as a coach has been straeky. His teams either play really well or really poorly. Last year, we lost to Wake 45-7 and then we beat FSU, South Carolina and Tennessee all in blowouts. Hopefully, we can get something going. We looked pretty good against Utah State but the rest of our schedule is no Utah State.

Yeah, I remember there being a lot of hype about Whitehurst coming into the season.

Just wondering what your take was on that as well as the rest of the ACC. It's being hailed as the toughest conference now with the addition of Miami, VT, etc, but IMO it's still gotta be the SEC.

While there doesn't seem to be a truely dominate team in the SEC this year, from top to bottom (Excluding Kentucky & Vandy of course) it's the cream of the crop. Auburn's a damn fine team but I could see them getting tripped up by Georgia or in the SEC title game. I hope not though, I would love to see an SEC team in the Orange Bowl. Unfortunately, I get the feeling we're looking at USC-Oklahoma.

hater I think it is a tossup and probably changes weekly. We hear the talk back and forth here constantly because SC and Clemson fans argue about it all the time. I would probably agree that the SEC is still on top but it is very close. I think nexy year when BC joins the ACC and the incredible basketball revenues the 3 new entries will get will propel the ACC higher but Duke will always be Duke and Vandy will always be Vandy. Wake is ver underrated as a member because they are a tough team to play but their coach will probably get a top job soon.

The team I think that is gonna be hard to beat from here on out is FSU. Their defense is incredible and nbow that they finally have benched Chris Rix and gotten away from his 5 or so bonehead plays per game, they will be very hard to beat. Unfortunately for them , they alread played and lost to Miami. Personally, without Rix, I would pick FSU to win that game now.

One great thing for Clemson fans next season, our home schedule is super. We have FSU, Miami, Virginia, and texas A&M all in Deathy Valley. I am scared to see the ticket prices for next season.

Two points.

1: USC owns all.

2: If OU goes undefeated UGA should not leapfrog them even if they win out. You can't just ignore the loss to TN.

How good is Auburn? Haven't had a chance yet to see them play this season.

Certainly you could not compare the ACC to the SEC historically. FSU and Miami only became powers in the early 80's. However, recently, both schools have owned Florida on the field, especially Miami. However, we are talking now and in the future. I see Virginia Tech as a potential big winner in this. They have been excellent in the last several years but do not possess the fcailities to rival an SEC power. The ACC income will allow them to build it up and be a perrenial power. Most of america does not realize the windfall that ACC schools get from the ACVC basketball contracts. That number is astronomical.

Gator you are crazy. Georgia IMO has no shot now. They looked awful against SC, trailing 16-0 at the half. They looked even worse against UT at home and UT came in witha freshmen QB and a full scaling ass whipping under their belt. UGA Auburn is in Auburn and I see that as a tough matchup for an often time flat UGA team.

As far as Auburn goes, the running game is key. If you can slow it down and force Campbell to beat you throwing, Auburn is in trouble.

USC has been fortunate this season. V. Tech gave them fits, Stanford had thenm running for their life and Cal beat them in every way except in scoring. I am not sold on the trojans to the extent of some. They have a pansie schedule so I think they will win out.

OU will be tough. Top defense, excellent running game and a QB who can throw. Right now, I think OU is the best team I have seen.

2nd Mayorga-Forrest fight was close, i had it for "Mayorga Mania" by 2 points. Mayorga's punches did more damage, and the way Vernon was backing up probably did him harm with the judges.

Homie what the hell is wrong with you man. Your my boy so I'm willing to say I was being a prick by telling you to try to keep up. That was out of a line and I do apologize. But for God's sakes it didn't warrant that kind up freakin response.

You seem to be cool with everyone on this board but me and I've went out of my way to show you respect. You obviously have a soft spot for the alleged rapist club fighter so I am truely sorry.

Jesus Christ man, you'd think I'd fucked your old lady or something.

I'm sorry, I'll never disgrace the name of Ricardo Mayorga on the MayorgaGround again. Sheesh.

Please explain to me why i get so far under your skin. You don't even know me. It's my opinion. Doesn't make me a "moronic fucktard" just because I'm not impressed with freakin Ricardo Mayorga.

Gator Man, I think four points is a little wide but i can respect your score. I think Lederman had Mayorga up by two also. That was a good fight, and the way Mayorga took those clean shots from the Viper had to make you say Wow! Forrest accused Mayorga of being on drugs after the fight, but he passed the tests.

I thought Vernon won the 2nd fight. Mayorga was innefective for most of the 2nd half of the fight and I do not give credit for "taking huge punches well". The object is to not be hit, not get hit.

I agree with my geographic expert friend Rogie that Forrest going backwards hurt him with the judges but I still thought he landed the cleaner shots throughout the entire fight. What you think the judges saw should not matter to your own scoring criteria.

Hey Rogie do you think Mayorga has such a good chin because all mexicans do? LOL

"I must say, this thread has turned to the dark side of the force."

lol.....I agree. I was gonna jump in....but i got scared.

awaits Jimmy the Greek-like response

Glad we could get that cleared up Homie.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I see why a lot of folks had Mayorga winning but like my friend IWAN said the cleaner shots had to go to Forrest IMO.

Hey IWAN, what's the low down on the Gamecocks this year? The Hogs got them in Columbia in a couple weeks. Everytime Holtz plays us he brings it and usually gets slapped the fuck down. I hear the SC is better this year though and the Hogs are reeling. What's your take?

Chavez was basically shot by the time he fought ODH & Tszyu.

The knockdown vs Randall was the first knockdown of Chavez career and he was past his prime then. Pretty damn impressive.

hater the Cocks in Columbia is no cake walk this year. They had Georgie and lost it on a turnover, albeit one helluva hit that caused the turnover.

Their QB situation is shaky. Newton has been their most effective guy and Pinkins started the season as starter. Pinkins has a slightly dislocated shoulder and Newton badly sprained his ankle last week. In 2 weeks there is no telling who will be their QB. They have 4 guys who have thrown a TD pass this season at QB.

Their defense has been excellent except for Ole Miss. Ole Miss just seemed to call the right plays on the SC defense as it does alot of stunting and zone blitz etc with Rick Mintor their first year defensive coordinator. He was head coach at Cincinnati for about 10 years. I live about 10 minutes from Williams Brice but I am a Clemson man and have been all my life. I do go to gamecock games from time to time.

I see Arkansaa USC as a very low scoring hard hitting game probably going down to the kicking game. The cocks also have an open date tomorrow which should help them.

An inexperienced quaterback for SC would serve the Hogs well. The secondary has been shaky to say the least. They made the Auburn passing game look like Florida's in the Spurrier days.
As you know Auburn's not exactly known for bombing it out. I can't name one significant WR that's came out of that school yet they make the African kid look like Randy Moss.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the Ole Miss-SC score.
Ole Miss barely survived vs Arkansas State which may very well be the worst college football program in America.

The Hogs are coming off a buy and are banged up at QB as well so I see it as a tossup with SC. Hopefully Georgia doesn't take too much out of em this weekend.