Izzy will turn into a wrestler against Pereira

Wait and see. He’s going to mix up wrestling more than ever.

1 Like

Don’t put that evil on us OP

4 Likes

You know too lol, the real fight will be Izzy fighting himself not to shoot for a takedown.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t he? Its MMA. If youre afraid to wrestle go become a Thai Boe champion.
In that cage, we strike and grapple. If you cant do both, may the gods have mercy on your soul.

3 Likes

Just like Strickland did, right???

2 Likes

That was my thought. Alex is the better kickboxer, maybe Izzy will prove hes the better MMA fighter

His ego won’t allow him to wrestle, just like Strickland…

2 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for lol

2 Likes

I disagree. Izzy is the better striker. The first fight he won, but the judges fucked up the call. The second fight Izzy almost finished him, but made a mistake and got served a nice portion of unconsciousness.
Izzy will win, but it will look like his fight with Cannonier. It wont be exciting, but it will be masterful.

It’s fucking hard to take someone down who is your own size. I don’t think he’ll try and wrestle as that would not increase his chances at winning.

Izzy was doing just fine in the kickboxing matches. I know until he wasn’t but striking is Izzy’s best path to victory.

The best will always game plan for the opponent. GSP was the best at it. Strike with a better wrestler, wrestle the better striker. But Perierra is Brazillian and possibly the better grappler…

2 Likes

GSP was truly the king of game plans. The Jackson Winkle system with George was like a real life cheat code with the AI on Extreme

I’ll never understand mma fans who somehow think grappling in an mma fight means the fighter is lesser or scared or something.

It’s so weird.

JUUUUUSSST BLLLLEEEEEEED!!!

1 Like

Never said scared but just saying he knows better lol. If he can use the threat of the TD against Alex to mull his striking he may be able too. I just think this guy is and will be in Izzy’s head big time, I expect him to be real tentative. Alex fights with his hands low in MMA and he did in kickboxing real unorthodox like.

I think many of you have not seen their first two fights.

1 Like

Pereira survived on the ground against BJJ black belts and came back to win in his first two UFC fights.

Why does anyone think Izzy, who has never attempted a takedown and sucks on the ground based on everything we’ve seen, can beat him there? It’s laughable.

1 Like

Zero chance Izzy wrestles Alex.

1 Like

Doubt he’d wrestle someone who steps in the cage close to 230 lbs

1 Like

The thing I like about this fight Is Pereira will force Izzy to look for a finish. Cannonier let Izzy just move and touch him for five rounds. If left to his own devices it would seem Izzy will sometimes just play around and try stuff.

I’m not sure he lasts five rounds playing with pereira. He knows that and will need to look for a finish. It’s going to be tough for a non-wrestler to decision pereira. That dude is too dangerous to go for fifteen, never mind twenty five minutes with.

1 Like

I like Izzy. But I am not sure he can take Alex down. Alex looks strong as hell. I hope its a shootout.

2 Likes