J. Benevidez snags new Harley-Davidson as bonus

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/joseph-benavidez-snags-new-harley-as-added-ufc-172-bonus

Joseph Benavidez snags new Harley as added UFC 172 bonus.

Joseph Benavidez on Monday got word of another bonus on top of the $50,000 he won on Saturday night.

The UFC flyweight finished atop the fan voting among the four post-fight bonus winners from UFC 172 and now is the owner of a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

UFC President Dana White at the UFC 172 post-event news conference on Saturday in Baltimore announced that Harley, one of the promotion’s top-tier sponsors, would be running a contest for fans to decide who among the bonus winners should get a new motorcycle. Benavidez beat out Takanori Gomi, Chris Beal and Isaac Vallie-Flagg to win the prize.

Benavidez (20-4 MMA, 7-2 UFC) pulled off one of the most unique finishes in recent memory against Timothy Elliott (10-5-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC). Elliott gave Benavidez some early fits. But in a scramble, Benavidez got to full mount, trapped both of Elliott’s hands and locked in a guillotine choke. With no arms free to tap with, and the choke so tight he couldn’t verbally submit, Elliott was forced to tap out with his feet.

The finish is one of the early candidates for “Submission of the Year,” if for nothing else but the fact Elliott tapped with his feet.

Benavidez won a “Performance of the Night” bonus for the stoppage. Beal won his “Performance of the Night” award for a flying knee knockout of Patrick Williams in the opening fight of the card. And Gomi and Vallie-Flagg won “Fight of the Night” for a 15-minute war that Gomi took by unanimous decision.

But while all four won $50,000 on top of the regular purses, only Benavidez has a new Harley to show for it, as well.

On Monday, the recent flyweight title challenger posted a video on his Instagram feed from a beach, apparently enjoying a post-victory vacation.

“I got some great news here at the beach,” Benavidez said. “I won a Harley thanks to you guys. I have the best fans in the world. It’s going to be a big change from my tricycle, but it’s something I’m looking forward to.”

http://www.recoverygraphics.com/albums/biker/Midget.jpg

This may be the tricycle Joe was referring to:

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/midget-on-a-motorcycle.jpg

^^ Need a blue to embed images. Thanx and will VU.

Phone Post 3.0

^^ Thanx holmes, VU for you. Can you embed both images?

Good on Joe B. Happy for him!

Phone Post 3.0

^^ Thnx. Should have used that image as a new thread:

"Benavidez receives new Harley and is immediately called out by outlaw biker pit-fighter"

lets get cheesey

^^ LOL, when they headlining Sturgis?

Aren't they not allowed to ride motorcycles by contract?

So essentially they get a Harley to resell for extra bonus $?

Can he reach the petals? Phone Post 3.0

A Harley-Davidson has turned into Dana White's version of a Merlot Fleetwood Brougham.

Whenever fans vote it turns into a bs popularity contest.

That's why Dana stopped letting fans vote for who wins performance bonuses.

There is no way his mounted guillotine was better than Beal's move like flying knee. Phone Post 3.0

Herring In A Fur Coat -
othree - 

Aren't they not allowed to ride motorcycles by contract?

So essentially they get a Harley to resell for extra bonus $?

I thought that was only champions...

Probably only for Aldo. Pretty sure I saw Cain riding one in a video Phone Post 3.0

IWantToSpearBritney - Phone Post 3.0

Came on here to say "you have to be this high to ride a Harley", but no way that's as funny as your pic. VTFU

jwistead - 
IWantToSpearBritney - Phone Post 3.0

Came on here to say "you have to be this high to ride a Harley", but no way that's as funny as your pic. VTFU

That little dude is pure bad assery in all of its essence.

Someone romo a Harley on top of his shoulders instead of Elliot!!! Phone Post 3.0

Herring In A Fur Coat -
PrettyBoy - Whenever fans vote it turns into a bs popularity contest.

There is no way his mounted guillotine was better than Beal's move like flying knee. Phone Post 3.0

I think mounted guillotine is much better than a flying knee.  Points for originality.  Same for Rockhold's submission.  Beal's flying knee was badass but nothing we haven't seen before.

Beal's knee is a holy shit moment to add to highlight packages.

Far more casual fans would see that and want to see a fight than the Joe-a-constrictor.

I'm not saying it's technically better or harder to pull off it's simply a kill shot that got audible gasps from everyone.

That's the highlight people would want to see again. Phone Post 3.0

Herring In A Fur Coat -
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
PrettyBoy - Whenever fans vote it turns into a bs popularity contest.

I think mounted guillotine is much better than a flying knee.  Points for originality.  Same for Rockhold's submission.  Beal's flying knee was badass but nothing we haven't seen before.

Beal's knee is a holy shit moment to add to highlight packages.

Far more casual fans would see that and want to see a fight than the Joe-a-constrictor.

I'm not saying it's technically better or harder to pull off it's simply a kill shot that got audible gasps from everyone.

That's the highlight people would want to see again. Phone Post 3.0

I find submissions to be as exciting as knockouts if not more so... especially if it's a submission I've never seen before.  To me the mounted guillotine and Rockhold's kimura from upside-down body triangle were far more impressive than most knockouts.

As for what people want to see: the people voted for Joe B didn't they?

ESPN put Beal's knee #2 on it's top ten plays. How many times has that happened in the history of Zuffa?

Fans also voted for GSP and Kos's to get the fight of the night bonus at UFC 124 leading for the voting system to get axed after one attempt of letting them do that.

It's a popularity contest.

Beal's Knee is like Barboza's spinning heal kick, it was the perfect storm. Phone Post 3.0