Jackson's camp is doing something right

All these guys known for their grappling (GSP, Marquardt, Rashad) are all of a sudden showing brutal striking skills, especially in their hands. Do they have a new boxing trainer there or something?

It was great to see both guys confirm their striking ability in brutal and dominant fashion.

GSP and Rashad both train boxing and wrestling on its own in the offseason. I don't know Marquardt's regimen, but both Evans and St Pierre have boxing and wrestling gyms that they train at when they're not fighting. That's why they're overpowering guys so much. Their technique continues to improve. Jackson only puts together the MMA gameplan.

How ironic, cause last year around this time everyone was saying Jasckson's is overrated blah blah cause of the losing skid.

Truth is bringing in GSP helped a lot, cause lots of these guys get to train with him in montreal. i know nate got to train with denis Kang there.

In terms of striking they each get it from different guys, gameplan = jackson. GSP gets his striking in Montreal, Rashad in Michigan, and Marquardt obviously in colorado with Trevor and bang.

eljamaiquino - GSP and Rashad both train boxing and wrestling on its own in the offseason. I don't know Marquardt's regimen, but both Evans and St Pierre have boxing and wrestling gyms that they train at when they're not fighting. That's why they're overpowering guys so much. Their technique continues to improve. Jackson only puts together the MMA gameplan.

Correct.

fear the walrus - if Jardine KO's Vera, then this thread needs an immediate TTT.
Well, Jardine got dealt with by Wanderlei so...

it's the nipple tweak

ChokeEmOut -  Jackson runs the show, not the athletes. That is a big reason for this success IMO. Hackleman apparently refuses to coach Chuck on the blatant holes in his game.

Chuck is older and probably more set in his ways than Jackson's athletes.

TTT for Greg Jackson